Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

Can't say as never had any dealings with them but are S&S the new snake oil provisions? 

Not sure what it would mean to be the new snake oil provisions ( I know of the store but never dealt with them),  I can say I’ve dealt with S and S and they seem like good folks.  Forthcoming with information to my questions, and they took a return with no problem . 

4 hours ago, Geeman said:

Can't say as never had any dealings with them but are S&S the new snake oil provisions? 

Not sure I'd go that far, they're good dudes. Met them when I was in the Bay Area.
That being said I think these boots are fugly. Should've just made them without the wax.

yeah they seem very nice people and their selection of stuff is amazing. I haven't ever bought anything but think some of their instagram posts are hilarious.

Ed where are you? You're missing a chance to share your opinions on John Lofgren, what a shame.

I spend more time than I should at Standard & Strange in Oakland.  Good people, products, and service, and where else am I going to get a chance to meet Ryo and Hiro of Ooe or John Lofgren?  No, I'm not on their payroll ;-)

Fuck off boys im 41

now and going strong you know third world fuck 13 year old boys to make

you younger . Hahaha

anyway those look like 1300 lonewolfs man

all

gimmick!!!

stick to wesco , whites , russel and vibergs  really i can 2 and a half pairs of wescos for 1300 

s and s awesome

shop 

lofgren should be in third world tv shows

^^I always find it interesting when celebrities are fans of niche-y brands. (Wesco isn't a niche for those who don't wear them in a fashion context, of course) 

David Sedaris is a huge Kapital and 45 rpm fan. I get the impression he's spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on those labels. 

i still can't get over the memory of north sydney private school boys descending to uni in their beaten up rm williams thinking they so slumming it. enough to make me stick to blunnies for the rest of my life even when they're now a bit shit.

I always preferred Blunnies too, but if you want something nicer also check Trickers Chelsea boots. they're amazing quality and will last forever.

they make both a plain toe and a brogue version.

I get that it can be hard to get over an association with a brand once you’ve made it. That’s how I feel about anything Wrangler related, I just tie it back to UT frat guys regardless of what Wranglers they are. I will have to check out the Trickers option, I just wanted something bulky and like a Blundstone without the crap quality they’ve moved to in recent years (or so I’ve heard).