Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Haven't tried Wesco yet, but I like looking at the JP blog because they usually have some interesting/nice makeups. I'm liking the different JH Classics (the burgundy one in particular)...

Burgundy domain JH Classics

P8298174.jpg

British tan domain JH Classics

PC138128.jpg

Forest green Horween Jobmasters

DSCF0511.jpg

I’m just curious, what is the historic significance of the MP toe?  I got my Boss done in that style and was going for the vintage engineer boot look.

Has Wesco or anyone here explained much about the MP toe besides the narrowness?  Any old ads showing this?

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I’m just curious, what is the historic significance of the MP toe?  I got my Boss done in that style and was going for the vintage engineer boot look.

Has Wesco or anyone here explained much about the MP toe besides the narrowness?  Any old ads showing this?

MP Toe = Motorcycle Patrol last used on their Motorcycle Patrol police style boots.

https://www.wescoboots.com/builder/CustomBoot.aspx?id=Motorcycle_Patrol

Not much of a secret if they have posted it on social media... also the fact it's white leather boots would pretty much guarantee they age quickly!

Is there a worse choice for boots than white leather?  

Appalling.

I think sagara made some boots in a similar looking leather a couple of months ago. They don't look really white on the sagara's pair.

I think the worn pair looks pretty good imho

2 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Those white boots are hideous and I'm surprised Lofgren signed off on them as I generally like his designs and special edition leathers.

He might not know..hence the secrecy

They remind me of back in the 80's when you used to cake your Rod Lavers in that Kiwi shoe whitening crap with the little sponge on the end of the bottle..It was a bit like Tippex