Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

On 12/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I got the 9 and I hope they will fit. The shop didn't offer half sizes so I had to go with the 9.
Will find out soon!

hope they fit! i tried on a pair in a shop that didn't have half sizes either and 8 was too small and 9 way too big! 

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

These are great too b_F.  I actually bought a pair when I was visiting a college friend in Paris over a decade ago (he had a pair).  Unfortunately, I bought them too large (9.5, if I recall and I'm a 10.5 in US sizing) but I wore them anyway and they held up really well.  Extremely well made.  Heschungs are also made well -- close to Weston, I'd say, though I'm not an expert on shoe construction.  I do remember the Westons having a very soft, comfortable, leather lining.

Paraboot = the latest SuFu trend. :o 

When I lived in Boston in the mid- late- 90's I used to lust after a pair. Honestly, now, I'm just kinda meh about them... but I wholeheartedly admit some of you fellas are pulling them off very well. 

WpJhAom.jpg

s3l4Wlk.jpgx0RxtvB.jpg

Ey9qGpA.jpg

just ordered these Max Schaaf 4q69 Whites Boots

Max is based out of Oakland. When I was talking with him I was curious what denim he was wearing in the photos. Turns out he is buddies with ROY and he’s wearing a pair of his jeans. pretty cool 

28 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

WpJhAom.jpg

s3l4Wlk.jpgx0RxtvB.jpg

Ey9qGpA.jpg

just ordered these Max Schaaf 4q69 Whites Boots

Max is based out of Oakland. When I was talking with him I was curious what denim he was wearing in the photos. Turns out he is buddies with ROY and he’s wearing a pair of his jeans. pretty cool 

He basically has the northwest last that you can make in another leather besides chrome excel.

However, I feel this boot is the only thing right now that’s helping White’s have a impact in the Japanese market right now.  Wish they would have more collabs like Wesco.  And Wesco is dominating the Japanese biker scene with the boss and job master.  I barely see the smokejumpers from White’s being used when riding because they are a pain to break in. 

I’ve been toying with getting another Smokejumper or Boss though.

14 hours ago, mlwdp said:

He basically has the northwest last that you can make in another leather besides chrome excel.

However, I feel this boot is the only thing right now that’s helping White’s have a impact in the Japanese market right now.  Wish they would have more collabs like Wesco.  And Wesco is dominating the Japanese biker scene with the boss and job master.  I barely see the smokejumpers from White’s being used when riding because they are a pain to break in. 

I’ve been toying with getting another Smokejumper or Boss though.

I find my Smokejumpers/Bounty Hunters perfect for riding.  Had no break in problems whatsoever.  And I have to say I much prefer having a heel on a bike, rather than the flat Vibram.

Here they are on the mean streets of Wash DC..

me on the bobber.jpg

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve been wearing my black Paraboot Michaels again and they are extremely comfortable. Glad I broke them in all those years ago!

my new pair is stiff as hell in the heel and instep, I think I need a couple weeks wear to break them in.

37 minutes ago, tod said:

I find my Smokejumpers/Bounty Hunters perfect for riding.  Had no break in problems whatsoever.  And I have to say I much prefer having a heel on a bike, rather than the flat Vibram.

Here they are on the mean streets of Wash DC..

me on the bobber.jpg

I’m referring to these besties with the standard last!  Every once and awhile I’ll see this style being worn by Japanese bikers on Instagram.  As I owner of a standard last SJ, I can attest that they took a while to break in for me at least.

16E9A160-28AA-454D-8752-1EE93ECD696E.jpeg

had to super rep, even if it doesn't mean anything these days I enjoy the feature haha! it doesn't happen every day that Maynard post photos.

IMG_20191205_115951-02.thumb.jpeg.a9d081230ecc0135ef6a4375b3c688ae.jpeg

Edited by volvo240thebest

7 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I’m referring to these besties with the standard last!  Every once and awhile I’ll see this style being worn by Japanese bikers on Instagram.  As I owner of a standard last SJ, I can attest that they took a while to break in for me at least.

16E9A160-28AA-454D-8752-1EE93ECD696E.jpeg

Ah yes, those definitely do not look easy to break in!

Decided to try out some Thursday boots..  always wanted Iron Rangers from RW but they don’t make them in anything other than normal width so decided to try out a cheaper alternative and go up a half size to see if I like the style. So far they fit well, I’m normally a 10.5 EE but I got a Regular sz11 in these bad boys.

5912A86F-A8A7-41C5-87E2-8A07DD8E3CAA.jpeg

53BDE22E-1D22-4D7D-9EE3-7D9C47B6B8E6.jpeg

21 minutes ago, RawAsDenim said:

..  always wanted Iron Rangers from RW but they don’t make them in anything other than normal width...

RW does make some Iron Ranger models in EE width - https://www.redwingheritage.com/mens-leather-boots-shoes/6-inch-boots/iron-ranger-08085.html?cgid=mens-6-inch-boots 

1 minute ago, mpukas said:

Oops sorry I meant to say “I’ve always wanted Black* Iron Rangers” my bad but good to know that I can look for the brown ones on sale now 

4 minutes ago, RawAsDenim said:

Oops sorry I meant to say “I’ve always wanted Black* Iron Rangers” my bad but good to know that I can look for the brown ones on sale now 

They make black in EE now too, on the Res Wing site. Though their EE is not in fact very wide.

5 minutes ago, tod said:

They make black in EE now too, on the Res Wing site. Though their EE is not in fact very wide.

Really when I checked it still doesn’t allow me to choose EE on the black pair?

1 hour ago, RawAsDenim said:

Really when I checked it still doesn’t allow me to choose EE on the black pair?

Hmm, I had in my house a pair in 9,5 EE a few weeks ago and returned them. Perhaps just out of stock now...

If the EE option is greyed out, the size is out of stock. If the EE option doesn't show for a color, that width is not offered in that color. It appears black is offered in EE width, but out of stock in most sizes. Sometimes you can find EE widths in some colors on Amazon. 

17 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Hej Ooms...the UK9 arrived and are too big. Slightly too big. A little bit of heel slip and a loose feel. But I already wore my thicker socks. Gonna try the UK 8.5 and if those don't fit it's not meant to be

damn, was afraid this might be the case but didn't want to dampen your enthusiasm. from all these years of comparing sizing i'm pretty sure we have the same size feet. still kicking myself for missing out on your moto pecos. :'''(

how noticeable is the difference in D and EE widths in rw moc toes?  i have the 8138s in 11D but think a EE would be more comfortable. however, i live in australia so getting a pair in EE width shipped here is almost impossible. the alternative is obviously getting 11.5D, but width is the main issue.

3 hours ago, Broark said:

Happy to see more RDT stockists in the US, but no bigger sizes bums me out. 

Weren’t you just in SF too?  They even stock Jelado and Trophy denim.  I don’t think the store has been even open for a year yet but they’re already carrying some good brands already.

AD8E77CB-1A4B-422E-BC96-9FAD175D3F77.png

E85FE9E9-42DF-4E15-9C0C-EF6C9ECC399D.png