Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Appreciate the feedback.  (And apologies for the repetition for those who've seen these on another board.)  As far as the heel goes, I know lots of folks like their boot heels taller than me, but all I can say is I've worn a lot of boots over the past 35 years or so and discovered early on that 1" to 1.25" feel good to me and anything taller doesn't.  I feel like I'm walking downhill with taller heels.  Aesthetically, I am quite sure that they would not look bad to me -- my White's and Chippewas both have 1" heels and they look great -- assuming the work was not botched, which is why I was wondering about the feasibility of removing a lift.   Anyway, still undecided on keeping them or not...

On 11/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, mlwdp said:

I really like BlackBear Brand. The boots look awesome. Also their denim chore coat but dang! Their stuff is expensive 

Yeah I picked up their melton wool black overshirt. It's stunning and the owner was really great to order from. That said it's mostly too hot for Australia so I never wear it...! Will sell it on at a hefty discount if any of you in the Northern hemisphere are looking for a hefty overshirt as you move into winter!

I have both (well, my Chambords are 15 yr old so they're relegated to garden work these days)... I like both. Design wise, the Chambord is a little bit more casual, but both models are more country than town.

On 11/27/2019 at 5:33 AM, mlwdp said:

sweet jesus, these are awesome

Santa came a little earlier and delivered these to me. Game over! I will sell 90% of the shoes I have and just buy these in every shade of brown. The ultimate europeasant shoe.
They look great either with wide or slim jeans

IMG_20191203_101322.thumb.jpg.6edd9e73e75b795777ebc95552dc1d75.jpg

^great shoes! Really into those as well lately.

Btw I'm looking too sell a few pairs of shoes, worn a little.

-Wesco John Henry lace2toe in olive burlap leather, IH-collab, worn about 30 times, US8 (https://www.ironheartamerica.com/extinct/ihtb-jhc.html)

- Rancourt moccassin boots with mudguard in black cxl leather. The sole came off, so I had a new one glued to it. US8

- Yuketen x Heschung Thuja in navy calf leather from france with naval printed canvas on the tongue, made in france,  worn about 50 times. UK7

Message me if interested, I'll try to get some pictures up ;)

Edited by Thanks_M8

I have a black pair of relatively unworn Michael, bought from the Paraboot shop in Savile Row about 20 years ago that have been sitting in a bin liner for about 15 years. I’ll have to dig them out and try them on again! 

57 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I have a black pair of relatively unworn Michael, bought from the Paraboot shop in Savile Row about 20 years ago that have been sitting in a bin liner for about 15 years. I’ll have to dig them out and try them on again! 

give them a shot for sure!

15 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@volvo240thebest Nice! I got a pair of Chambord coming in the next days. Gonna live that Hayashi-life :D

b_F, Heschung makes some great shoes with a similar style, along with the Crocus, which I love:

https://www.heschung.com/en/derby/2029-catalpa-coffee-anilcalf-ravel.html

https://www.heschung.com/en/derby/2021-crocus-black-anilcalf-ravel.html