Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

15 hours ago, knucks said:

Wore the Attractions all weekend, feet aren’t too upset with me.

going to do another week of daily wear in them, they’re definitely stiff boots! I do wonder if 9.5 would have been a better fit but then again maybe too much heel slip, I just need the toe box to spread out just a bit more.

Did you use a boot jack to get them off?  And what kind?

1 week of Australia’s sun

also, any tips on lightening stains (just below the side of the big toe on the left boot you can see a slight globular stain)? Not too annoying but wondering if I should try and work on the stain or just embrace the wabi sabi.

90CB06F2-E4D2-4DD7-B606-6BB2E05EBF6F.jpeg

Do you know what caused the stain? If it's oil based, it may go away on its own. I was cooking once and didn't realize I had a glob of peanut butter on my boots that left an oil stain.  A week later, the stain dissipated and I couldn't even see it. My stain wasn't nearly that big, however. 

Edited by fresh1

You could try leaving liberal amount of baby powder on it overnight to draw it out if it's grease/oil. Also, cleaning it with some saddle soap or a soap solution. I've used those to some effect in the past along with simply letting it age and patina, which will mostly make the stain dissipate/become far less obvious.

Here's a good guide:

https://www.wikihow.life/Clean-Grease-Stains-on-Leather

20 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

Maybe the toe box was manually flattened-out some? I saw one guy on IG slowly backing a car over the toe box of his Lofgren engineers to flatten them out.

That sounds like the equivalent of sanding jeans!

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Maybe the toe box was manually flattened-out some? I saw one guy on IG slowly backing a car over the toe box of his Lofgren engineers to flatten them out.

wut

Please post a link lol That sounds like one of the worst ways to get a flat toe box... 

Just kinda thinking out loud right now. 
Anyone that has both JL and Attractions engineer boots: how would you say the two fit comparatively?
The JL in size 12 I just got fit well and I'm thinking about asking Attractions if they could make me a size 12.
I'd go the Clinch route but they're so expensive. 

Those are looking good, @Aries

I picked up these Viberg collab boots not too long ago. The shinki horsehide and the specific design details were too much for me to pass up. The grain probably won't be to everyone's taste, but I certainly love it and I'm sure these will age quite nicely. For a picture of something actually aged, I put a shot of my natty CXL Lofgrens at the bottom as well.

sVV2f8Q.jpg?1

lrNjOSI.jpg?1

iQuH47k.jpg?1

V5dMlDl.jpg?1

wUmGqv9.jpg?1

4icGsev.jpg?1

jLWOHb7.jpg?1

Been on a roll lately. Picked up these Lofgren combat boots for my birthday, been awhile since I had a new pair of CXL shoes.
They're really clean construction wise, and they fit perfectly too. No more shoes for awhile. :D
vTnoBqW.jpg
ixyFSMW.jpg
cJ77vFG.jpg
prXewaw.jpg
cdv8h3U.jpg
4lokcIv.jpg
uXNWO27.jpg?1
TFZiST3.jpg
tQr3oKX.jpg