Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

20 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

Maybe the toe box was manually flattened-out some? I saw one guy on IG slowly backing a car over the toe box of his Lofgren engineers to flatten them out.

That sounds like the equivalent of sanding jeans!

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Maybe the toe box was manually flattened-out some? I saw one guy on IG slowly backing a car over the toe box of his Lofgren engineers to flatten them out.

wut

Please post a link lol That sounds like one of the worst ways to get a flat toe box... 

Just kinda thinking out loud right now. 
Anyone that has both JL and Attractions engineer boots: how would you say the two fit comparatively?
The JL in size 12 I just got fit well and I'm thinking about asking Attractions if they could make me a size 12.
I'd go the Clinch route but they're so expensive. 

Those are looking good, @Aries

I picked up these Viberg collab boots not too long ago. The shinki horsehide and the specific design details were too much for me to pass up. The grain probably won't be to everyone's taste, but I certainly love it and I'm sure these will age quite nicely. For a picture of something actually aged, I put a shot of my natty CXL Lofgrens at the bottom as well.

sVV2f8Q.jpg?1

lrNjOSI.jpg?1

iQuH47k.jpg?1

V5dMlDl.jpg?1

wUmGqv9.jpg?1

4icGsev.jpg?1

jLWOHb7.jpg?1

Been on a roll lately. Picked up these Lofgren combat boots for my birthday, been awhile since I had a new pair of CXL shoes.
They're really clean construction wise, and they fit perfectly too. No more shoes for awhile. :D
vTnoBqW.jpg
ixyFSMW.jpg
cJ77vFG.jpg
prXewaw.jpg
cdv8h3U.jpg
4lokcIv.jpg
uXNWO27.jpg?1
TFZiST3.jpg
tQr3oKX.jpg

Anyone here try Dundas boots?  A Norwegian co, but I guess the boots are made by William Lennon in the UK maybe..?  Anyway, just curious as to feedback on fit, constuction, etc, and would love to see pics of them being worn -- in some that I've see the sprung toe is extreme, but in others not so much.

In my current search for a new pair of boots I decided to finally try out for size a pair I’ve always admired from afar, the Toys McCoys Surveyor Boots.  I have to Admit that I love the way they look!  But am not Sure about fit and comfort. 

A few observations:  there is a bit less shiny and it appears in those pictures, which I’m glad for.

Love the rivets!

The tongue is a very thin sort of suede I guess, almost feels like fabric, which I’m not really a fan of.  

Also, the heel feels just a little too tall to me. Anyone know how easy it would be to get one of the lifts removed, while still retaining the cats paw heel? 

A few pics here:

61DAB7B3-80FA-4E3A-AD55-DD4EF4E19F57.jpeg

89608AC6-EFD6-47E1-A9A3-CD0EF8456DD2.jpeg

78F87EAE-DC68-4E08-BEE5-9011CC8E33E8.jpeg

42EAC466-7AA4-41DB-BEF8-CD8CFF1CB92B.jpeg

how are the fit and comfort @tod? they look ace btw. the heel looks already perfectly proportioned? might look a bit weird if it's lowered, though maybe feels more to yr liking! i remember you also felt yr rdt heel was too high (?) and replaced the whole sole with black crepe (?). they looked great.

10 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

how are the fit and comfort @tod? they look ace btw. the heel looks already perfectly proportioned? might look a bit weird if it's lowered, though maybe feels more to yr liking! i remember you also felt yr rdt heel was too high (?) and replaced the whole sole with black crepe (?). they looked great.

Yes, you remember rightly! I also couldn’t quite live with the higher heel on that RDTs. I have learned that anything over an inch just doesn’t work for me. I’m a real “heel striker.“

As far as fit goes, one of the main issues is that I have high and sharp instep and it’s pushing right up against the place where the tongue and vamp come together. If that makes sense. 

If you’re feeling it at the top of your feet, It sounds like they have their own version of “white bite” that smoke jumper boots usually have, regarding where you’re feeling the pain at when wearing them.

4 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I think those TMC boots look really good and making the heel shorter would make them look worse IMO. It would make the toe look even larger. It looks more balanced as it is now. 

One lift is about 1/8”,  and honestly I don’t think that’s going to make a noticeable difference in the toe.  I may be wrong, but there are lots of white’s boots, for example, that are lowered by a quarter inch and it doesn’t seem to affect the toe visibly. 

Just now, tod said:

One lift is about 1/8”,  and honestly I don’t think that’s going to make a noticeable difference in the toe.  I may be wrong, but there are lots of white’s boots, for example, that are lowered by a quarter inch and it doesn’t seem to affect the toe visibly. 

Maybe not, but I think the heel is already a little lower than I would like in terms of balance of the design. 

I've been looking at those too, though. They're nice looking boots.