Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Anyone have experience with Pecos, btw?
I went with, what I thought was, my boot size. 9.5E.

I wear a Alden Indy 9E and my sneakers seem to be 10.

The Pecos have a narrower toe box so maybe that's the problem right now but feels like I should have gone with a 10 :(

Finally getting my Devil's Causeway boots soon! Neil sent me some photos, my pair is one of the better of the bunch luckily.
Lots of grain and texture with this leather, can't wait to get them.
14lUIxX.jpg
vCU6lhS.jpg
RSeIFOz.jpg
qG5gVZu.jpg
ptxhXXN.jpg
AzFSbMf.jpg
yxGqtRs.jpg
wjH3pPm.jpg
INi6kJL.jpg

They look great. Maybe the coolest looking leather I’ve seen on a boot. Toe looks more bulbous than regular lofgrens, no?

I think a lot of “normal” people would see a cut of leather with that many “imperfections” (those scars in the hide are pretty noticeable) and discount them as being flawed. Not us denim / leather freaks.

I have a Brompton leather sofa that is covered in scars like thisCharacter like that is one of the main reasons I bought it. It’s probably too heavy for footwear but I’ve always thought it would look great on a boot.

@Broark Unless I’m looking at it wrong, it looks like S&S is trying to appeal to the riders regarding having a bulbous toe instead of the narrow toe Lofgrens usually have.  Either way, half soles are not great for riding IMO.  Too much damage to the sole including durability and traction.

What's the hotness on a flat toe engineer boot for $500? Brand new I can still get the red wings from Snake Oil Provisions...Zip from Santa Rosa can build me a boot/remake me one for $495..

EDIT: I ordered the Red Wing 2268. Photos when they arrive next week!

Edited by knucks

Now, here is where it gets weird.

Apparently, there was an alternative 100th anniversary Horsehide collection released made in the form of two jobmaster styles and Boss, made for Mad Max in Shanghai.  

I couldn’t find much info about it other than that Mad Max is recognized as a official retailer of Wesco.

8CC0F8F4-6678-43B8-8CA5-EAD12D249BA6.jpeg

1C72BA4C-B102-470F-856A-D8904F28B53E.jpeg

14AC10BE-487E-4343-85E4-217AF59785EC.jpeg

4EAA39D5-ADBF-4539-890A-1280387473E9.jpeg

Sheesh, can’t imagine what those will cost. I think if I ever do Wesco’s I’ll get some black horsehide engineer boots. I’d consider Clinch or Attractions, but the price of Clinch is so high and I don’t think Attractions would be big enough.

22 minutes ago, Broark said:

Sheesh, can’t imagine what those will cost. I think if I ever do Wesco’s I’ll get some black horsehide engineer boots. I’d consider Clinch or Attractions, but the price of Clinch is so high and I don’t think Attractions would be big enough.

Wesco's shell can't be as high as Role Club's shell engineers, at least at what I'm estimating.  Last time I saw a price for Role Club's in shell, I think I saw at least $2k. 

Recently picked up some Lofgren MTO Engineers in Choco and Black.  Just love em -- perfect fit, fit/finish, etc.  Thanks to John and the Sendai team, as well as the folks at Standard & Strange.

IMG_5625.JPG

Anybody want jewelry for their boots?

This item was created by turquoise jewelry brand LFC, produced by renowned turquoise expert Joe Dan Lowry. High quality turquoise was used for each individual item, which features a exquisite design crafted by experienced artists.

Although small, this item is a gift of superb craftsmanship.
As American brands that are both committed to high quality craftsmanship, White’s Boots and LFC were made for each other. This jewelry adds a touch of luxury and can completely change the impression of the boots.The turquoise jewelry, which comes in sets of two, is priced at ¥32,400. (Both boots belong to the editorial department).

This item is available at the STUMPTOWN Shibuya store, an authorized White’s Boots dealer. We also recommend this item as a gift for any boot lover.

http://www.clutchmagjapan.com/en/journal/1505120006

EBAB3127-052F-4F99-BE66-2130226CB844.jpeg

8E8539EB-FEDE-4D58-B873-F275E28F47FB.jpeg

B03EA6B8-9F3E-4255-88D0-44742F55A11A.jpeg