Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I feel bad paying that much for a moc toe whether it's Lofgren or not.

A grail moc toe for me was when Nick's boots did a limited run of their moc toes that were merely a experimental project.  I posted them in this thread about a few years ago. 

Can’t get into moc toes. They always look so bulbous and like clown shoes to me. 
also Being in Seattle where it pisses rain all the time. The stitching in the top of the toe lets in a lot of water. Especially when you don’t notice a puddle. 

^ I've worn my RW Moc's in the rain plenty and no water's ever gotten through. Personally, it's just about my favorite design for a boot, and it's sad to me how few folks seem to do a nice job of it without getting too loud. Those Nicks look really great too, for that matter.

Broark, yeah, ended up going with that color. Was real tempted by the green, but I expect to wear these ~3ish days a week for a good chunk of the year and I don't really feel like being known as that green boots guy.

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Can’t get into moc toes. They always look so bulbous and like clown shoes to me. 
also Being in Seattle where it pisses rain all the time. The stitching in the top of the toe lets in a lot of water. Especially when you don’t notice a puddle. 

Minus Danner, who is currently doing some weird fashion forward designs courtesy of ABC mart, none of the other big PNW boot companies are doing moc toes probably for the reasons you said regarding rainy weather.

Speaking of Danner, these are not bad.    DANNER X LIGHTNING 8068 COLLABORATION

https://clutch-cafe.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/danner-x-lightning-collaboration?variant=17007818080299

01a_640x640.jpg

02_640x640.jpg

07_640x640.jpg

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ I've worn my RW Moc's in the rain plenty and no water's ever gotten through. Personally, it's just about my favorite design for a boot, and it's sad to me how few folks seem to do a nice job of it without getting too loud. Those Nicks look really great too, for that matter.

Broark, yeah, ended up going with that color. Was real tempted by the green, but I expect to wear these ~3ish days a week for a good chunk of the year and I don't really feel like being known as that green boots guy.

Maybe I had a bad pair since they also leaked water in where the sole was stitched and the top of the moc toe. But I’m usually working in conditions where my entire toe box is submerged in water and mud. 
I have some whites and honestly can’t see myself wearing any other boots from now on. The quality and fit is perfect. 

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

I want to try JK Boots 

I believe they started from a former nicks employee. Ha 

The question is, does JK share the same brutal break in period of their boots like Nick's does?

The lead time for shipping looks extremely fast!

On 9/30/2019 at 5:01 AM, ecsong187 said:

This happpened to my RW875s after the stitching started to split. I put some Vaseline in the split areas of the moc and no rain got in again. YMMV though!