Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

@JDelage

@SLAB

McFly Osaka still have some size available.

(8.5 in black,  7.5 & 9 in Natural) 

Screenshot_20190718-173354.thumb.png.ed42933594f6928827881dd843d25c14.png

Contactable through email, pretty good English feedback.

Also...Just discovered they have their own official online store (https://thebootsshoponline.com) might be worth checking it out. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by redragon
Add screenshot & online shop link.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, SLAB said:

does any one on here know how to size Rolling Dub Trio boots and more specifically the Casper side zip boot? Masuya advised half size down (same as Viberg, Red Wing, Wesco, Whites) but Butterscotch is advising two full sizes down..

i would trust masuya, his size advice for my coupen was spot on. in those boots i wear an 8.5 (US) which fits just slightly loose, "perfect" with an insole. i usually wear 10 in vans, 9 converse all stars. my most perfectly sized shoes are a pair of cheaney cairngorms, and strangely i'm also an 8.5 (but UK!, which flies in the face of the usual size down at least half a size from yr US size size advice for shoes/boots) in those. i find the length on the coupen is fairly normal, it's the "volume" of the boots that feels a little oversized. if you have "thin" feet, the boots might feel a bit loose even though the length might be spot on. maybe you can ask masuya how the coupen sizing compares to the caspers.  

So I returned the RWs I posted recently, just couldn't get into the red color of the leather.
Now I'm looking at some Tricker's, saw these marked down on Instagram and emailed the shop and they have my size in stock.
General consensus on Tricker's? What do you guys think of these in the marron color?

@Broark I'm a big fan of Tricker's. I think their design. styling and construction quality are awesome. Built bomber. But that's just my opinion, maybe they aren't all that for others... I like the marron color a lot better than the RW's you posted. They're a much classier, more dressy shoe w/out being a full-on dress shoe. If that's what you're after. I think they can be dressed up and go well w/ denim

@Broark I have the Woodstock in espresso with leather soles. Superb shoes. Also have the Burford in espresso and two pairs of Stows which I don't wear a lot anymore. Maybe again next winter. I like them a lot for their rounded front. Leather quality is A+.

I prefer darker browns but among those two definitely the marron ones.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think they seem like a very nice casual/semi-dressy option that would be good for the summer.
Going to think on it a little more, don't want to be too impulsive! Like mentioned above I would prefer that they were slightly more brown, but the color is appealing.

Hey guys! It's my first post on this thread. I just wanted to show a custom resole our cobbler Sal did on this Wolverine 1000 Mile boot at our workshop. 

He did a custom stacked wedge and finished it off with a Vibram mini ripple sole. 

We do resoles and repairs at our workshop where we also manufacture all of our own denim and garments. 

Railcar Shoe Service

IMG_2565.thumb.jpg.72bf99cd52b70234867b2537518bcad5.jpg

IMG_8658.thumb.jpg.f62b98e156a36661840344a10add628f.jpg

IMG_8672.thumb.jpg.a67aee4803062cfaf253a20eaf6d43e0.jpg

no real evo, just sharing some russell moc seaside action...

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

and then moving from suede on to roughout enjoyment: some new rw pecos to mash down... [details of 'will look better with age in three years' and bad fit pix with super wide hem... quite impressed by them tbh... thuggish build, slim contours and comfy fit]

IMG_6975.jpg

IMG_6979.jpg

001.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

and then memory lane: first contact with such hairy things, grenson shoes from mid 2000s: nubuck treated to a lot of dubbin over the years... still contrasty in many places... 

IMG_E7299.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_E7303.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

My Horsehide Wesco Boss is here!!

A couple things:

I did not know I could get triple stitching.

i annoyed the hell out of Wesco regarding sizing etc lol.

The roller Buckles are from Ironheart.  They are brass.  I originally wanted pure silver buckles like the Studio WokinixBlack Bear Brand Boss but Studio Wokini wasn’t willing to make them for me. :(

The sole I provided is a mini Vibram half sole.  I wanted flexibility but also grip, something that the traditional half sole doesn’t offer.

Next Boss boot will be in Black rough out, 9 inch,double midsole, with black raptor sole.  I want the same one that Ken Igari from Langlitz Japan has.  The rough out Boss will be strictly for riding ONLY.  If I don’t do a Boss boot, it will be another White's Smokejumper boot, single midsole, Vibram 100.  I haven’t decided on the type of black leather, but I’m looking at a 8-10inch, used for riding and hiking.  I can’t hike in the Boss so that will be taken into consideration.

These are MP toe.  Not a Boss toe.  These are a 10 inch.

I wanted the 100th anniversary Wesco Boss Horsehide boots that were only available in Japan on a special last.  I didn’t want to pay $1,000+,so these are as close as I can get.

I’m looking forward to the brown coming out of the black Horsehide.

Black Horsehide Wesco Boss

2688CF43-498D-4228-8A92-D7099BCF94D4.jpeg

788EA8E6-3E4F-42AA-A809-610610AB0653.jpeg

188C7F7A-1B7C-4613-95FF-02ED2DB89698.jpeg

67BED0F4-7AF9-4829-AEDC-FB4012CB8202.jpeg

B24FA8D4-AD64-49BC-83C1-3748550197CF.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

Last one, just the collection minus the oxfords I wear often as this is a boot post.   This is a prettt well rounded collection ranging from the simple to ridiculous to the downright beautiful.

clockwise from top

Unmarked Workman

Danner light JP 

Wesco Boss

Red Wing(these were my first intro into nice boots, about a little over ten years old, bought back in college when at the time I thought this was the “big brand” to buy from.  Boy, have I come from a long way from this mentality!

White’s Smokejumper (probably will get resoled from triple to single). Can’t have a triple midsole forever due to me getting older.

As I mentioned before, I’m not done yet, as I may add either another White’s or Wesco next year.  I’ll talk to Chris about whether the double midsole on the Boss that Ken Igari has will be tolerable for my feet as I already have experience with White’s version of the sole.

DB746E9C-2B75-4570-B30B-F8CAAF0AF5A1.jpeg

Does anyone know if there are any makers other than Russell Moc that do a true Munson last? I know S&S carry a Lofgren model and viberg has before also, however both are out of my price range. I have some OSB on the elston last which is close to what I want, but not perfect. 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, SuperJackle said:

Does anyone know if there are any makers other than Russell Moc that do a true Munson last? I know S&S carry a Lofgren model and viberg has before also, however both are out of my price range. I have some OSB on the elston last which is close to what I want, but not perfect. 

Corcoran makes military and law enforcement boots on a munson last. I've handled a pair, and they're not great quality. They make some boots for WWII Impressions that are a bit higher quality. 

https://www.wwiiimpressions.com/collections/footwear-army/products/698?variant=41748499085 

I've searched for literally years now trying to find boots made on the munson last, and there's not much out there. A few years ago red Wing did a special run of Iron Rangers dubbed the Munson Ranger, and was available only in certain European countries and Japan. 

On 8/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, mpukas said:

Corcoran makes military and law enforcement boots on a munson last. I've handled a pair, and they're not great quality. They make some boots for WWII Impressions that are a bit higher quality. 

https://www.wwiiimpressions.com/collections/footwear-army/products/698?variant=41748499085 

I've searched for literally years now trying to find boots made on the munson last, and there's not much out there. A few years ago red Wing did a special run of Iron Rangers dubbed the Munson Ranger, and was available only in certain European countries and Japan. 

Thanks MP. I’ve seen the Munson ranger and would have gone that route, had I not been several years too late. Oh well, we shall continue the search I guess.