Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

5 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Dr. Sole recently did an interview with Michiya Suzuki, former director of Red Wing Japan:

https://www.drsole2011.com/blog-1/my-favorite-boots-9

Michiya has a new YouTube channel dedicated to boots too:

Thanks a lot for sharing, Bryan. 

Hope you guys enjoy the interview. Any feedback will be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Fair enough and my apologies if you feel offended.

The blog author Vegtan archives many articles and surely very informative.

As said before, I have never heard of 40 euro sq.ft. That was the point.

105 euro that you linked is very good! Thanks for the website!

And as you said in point c), I am just a customer and I can only say the retail price from the customers point of view.

edit: Thanks to ALB, $66 is definitely competitive!

answer to the add-on:

No, I only asked to two as it was considered the only tanneries handle cordovan.

At the same time, I have talked to the owner of the F.E.W (leather jacket/products company at NewZealand) and he said the same about the cordovan.

I actually have not asked to Shinki and Horween about other tanneries.

Edited by kameidaclub

I don't think anyone here was saying/implying you were lying @cameosis. It just sounded a little off compared to other tanneries (besides Horween and Shinki Clayton and Comipel was near the same price range. Don't know what Rocinante, Argentina tannery, sell theirs.)

That being said, with more research the 40 euros is pretty close to what Rocado, an Italian tannery, is offering theirs directly on their site ($66/sq ft) which if you were on good relations or bought a significant portion would probably bring it down further.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to pay the rush fee on my horsehide Wesco boss so the date to get them is now 7/29 or before.  Gotta beat the fire season right now lol.

Edited by mlwdp

Decided to switch from nylon to leather laces and it’s a world of difference in fit.  The nylon laces, even though they look great, make the boot really tight.  The leather laces have better give and will mold with the boot.

It’s definitely a different look.  

C60E224A-F9D4-4930-BB43-4A5C0CEF2BFA.jpeg

211735F2-CE3D-4775-9C1A-03E2CC482736.jpeg

Hi yall! I am looking for a pair of black derbies to replace my rotting old docs. In doing some searches on rakuten I came across the brand Wheel Robe, which i'd never heard of before. i don't love their branding but their shoes seem nice; they use cat's paw soles and chromexcel from horween, and the price point ($400) seems pretty fair compared to similar brands. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them, or can offer some alternate brands to consider? Thanks!

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/rococostore/item/010941-0-02/?l-id=rgm_shopsearch_en_rvp_widget

https://www.wheelrobe.com/

REGAL hands down make some of the best derbies I’ve seen IMO for the price point of $300-$400ish If you can actually find them in stock.  Good luck trying to find a pair.

Edit:  REGAL starts out at $200 or less depending on which model you choose.  These are a good example

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/footmonkey/item/regal-810r-b/

AB60CB43-D2A0-414C-AD73-2F517E1D3F84.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

I had my Wesco boss changed from a MP toe to a Boss toe.  The look I’m trying to make is to emulate the 100th Anniversary Horsehide Boss Wesco Japan made with a vintage last.  Wesco told me that only Wesco Japan has the vintage last.  

Anyway,  this is the look I’m going for except with a half sole. This is my first Wesco so everything has to be perfect.

2DB18095-D5A6-43F7-96FE-ADB399CB37A7.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

Picked up some RW 8001's for cheap from Nordstrom Rack, thoughts?
I think they're pretty comfy for summer, just not sure if they're giving me too much of a Ronald McDonald vibe...
rMa3dAI.jpg
Ye1Moc8.jpg

Ok we have pre ordee for a special pair of alden v tip

boot in horween whisky shell cordovan . Available in d and e width  barrie last , blind eyelet , double leather sole

let me know 5 slots left 

thanks 

edie

does any one on here know how to size Rolling Dub Trio boots and more specifically the Casper side zip boot? Masuya advised half size down (same as Viberg, Red Wing, Wesco, Whites) but Butterscotch is advising two full sizes down..

6 hours ago, SLAB said:

does any one on here know how to size Rolling Dub Trio boots and more specifically the Casper side zip boot? Masuya advised half size down (same as Viberg, Red Wing, Wesco, Whites) but Butterscotch is advising two full sizes down..

No idea, but could you tell me where you're buying them from? They always seem out of stock when I look...