Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

On 4/8/2019 at 9:12 PM, ecsong187 said:

e4H5p2L.jpg

whites smokejumoers after about one year working construction. 

Sadly recently they got in a fight with sharp rebar causing the deep cut on the toe. Not all the way through luckily. 

Steel toe time?

No. Eff steel toe. So uncomfortable. I’m talking with Kyle at Baker about tougher leather options when I rebuild them. 

He recommended roughout but I want to see what all my options are.   

4 hours ago, scooby said:

Been wearing heavy work boots a lot lately (Wesco) and thought I deserved a pair of pretty boy boots for the weekends. Some good year welted Truman’s are what I went with :D 

D5F95A61-0D27-4D70-95B3-26C5799C8564.thumb.jpeg.7b00f1ebf3acd6c44f034c271814d306.jpeg

Sold two pairs of my Lofgren boots after finally deciding that I just wasn’t into them. Hoping these fill that void

I love Wescos scooby, including the Axe Breaker in horse.  What was it about the Lofgren boots that you weren't wild about -- fit related?

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

I love Wescos scooby, including the Axe Breaker in horse.  What was it about the Lofgren boots that you weren't wild about -- fit related?

Told u 

5 hours ago, Broark said:

Up in Massachusetts I believe. Come visit me in Texas Ed!

Thats more likely next year

well be in inspiration and might go to rios of mercedes ! 

23 hours ago, JohnM said:

Wesco makes the best damn boots.

A few things about the Lofgren’s I’m not too wild about, mainly fit and comfort related. They’re great boots, don’t get me wrong... I still have a pair of the combat boots and they’re excellent

3 hours ago, scooby said:

Wesco makes the best damn boots.

A few things about the Lofgren’s I’m not too wild about, mainly fit and comfort related. They’re great boots, don’t get me wrong... I still have a pair of the combat boots and they’re excellent

But selling the others. Yeah! Haha wescos man 

9 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Have you visited Wesco yet?

Have not but we might after the next inspiration next year

need to see langlitz too over there and maybe hit spokane for whites but heard shit been fucked lately over at whites

Finally. I had wanted the 100th Anniversary Horsehide version they did last year but I'm not willing to pay $2,000 and these are basically the same thing. I also tried to make 10 inch Horsehide Jobmasters like the 100th Anniversary ones but Wesco said they don't have the hides to do this.  Sending them Ironheart brass buckles (I wanted custom Silver buckles but Studio Wokini and noone else was willing to do it) and 430 half soles.  See you in July-August.

CUSTOM FIT BOSS
STYLE BKH7710430 (Size: Sending Updated Form with Order)
  +Single-Tone:Black Horsehide
  +10" Height
  +Motorcycle Patrol Toe
  +#430 Vibram® Sole
  +Dye Soles and Heels Black
  +Standard Boss Heel Height
  +One Top Strap (standard)
  +Standard Length
  +Customer Supplied 5/8" Wide Top Buckles
  +Buckled Instep Straps
  +Standard Length Instep Strap
  +Customer Supplied 7/8" Wide Instep Buckles
  +Lightweight Brown Upper Stitching
  +White Outsole Stitching 
  +Black Tie Domain Leather Insert
RECIPIENT: 

spacer.gif spacer.gif order_spacer227.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
Boots estimated to be completed week of 07/22/2019 (mm/dd/yyyy).

spacer.gif
order_spacer158.gif order_spacer069.gif
total_merchandise.gif $658.00
total_tax.gif  
total_shipping.gif $20.00
total_sales.gif spacer.gif
$678.00
spacer.gif

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2019 WEST COAST SHOE COMPANY
link_facebook.png link_twitter.png link_instagram.png

Edited by mlwdp

just finished the thread from the beginning.

what a ride: thanks to all those who have imparted and shared.

interesting the amount of English dress and country style at the beginning... less spit polish today!

as my small contribution some offerings:

1/4

grenson boot, approx 12/14 years old

[no idea of model name or leather type: treated only with dubbin]

a last gasp from before they moved core production to india

recently re-soled at cheaney factory [where there they applied its first coat of polish: boo... lost a lot of its naturally acquired patina... ]

001.jpg

001a.jpg

002.jpg

3/4

recently acquired russell moccasin sporting clay chukka in lamarie suede (which is so thick I wonder if it nears rough-out qualities)

seen this model earlier in the thread but not worn later

[hope to update after the summer's wear]

details of wonky stitching, different graininess of the suede [which is thankfully matched across left and right] and a fit

[feel these go best with a mildly tapered fit and/or smaller hem: such as tender 130 here or lvc 1976 - seen it paired nicely with resolute 710 on the 'gram...]

007.jpg

008.jpg

008a.jpg

4/4

in thanks to @Iron Horse's post earlier down the thread of japanese boot IG accounts, some favorites, whites sj (?), a nice clinch jodphur boot (not seen here before?) and a range of nicely worn redwings

impressed by the #browncore obsessions on the klondike leather (and am guessing older vintage pairs) of some redwing offerings and of the hem to ankle ratio going on in some of these posts... [also: what is #zooclub / #ツーブー倶楽部 - used a hashtag for boot lovers, but any ideas of the zoo connotations?]

and then my own relatively spanking new redwing 2268 paired with a nicely voluminous tender 132 as homage

009.jpg

Anyone know if a celastic toe box will collapse and break in over time? 

My backup pair of smokejumpers I had rebuilt have a celastic toe and I hate it. 

It pinched my toes when I crouch and kneel which is a lot when you work construction