Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

19 hours ago, mlwdp said:

From Wesco email (this was about making the Jobmaster out of Horsehide on the site):

Hello,

We do not have the Horsehide used for these boots. The hides were provided by the dealer. We unfortunately don’t have anything tall enough in Horse to make you a ten inch Jobmaster.

The boots below do not have a lining, and the whole boot was out of horsehide. They have steel shanks, but no half-slips.

We have our own Horse Jobmaster that is coming out within the next few weeks. They are limited to 8 inches tall though. Are you set on the 10 inch height? If not we could make you something similar to the one you listed below in 8 inch and they would be in the $600-$700 range.

Thats why theres no hh option on the shaft of the boots on the wesco website 

These JP Danners I got 7 years ago are mostly worn when the weather is terrible.  Danner has now upgraded this Danner Light model to a wider panel on the side.

IMG_4471.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

On 1/3/2019 at 4:21 AM, edmond said:

What if we go a group order of horsehide from horween??

That's worth asking them about as the website even allows you to make a horsehide harness boot.  I want to see what the new jobmasters look like.

11 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Finally cleaned and oiled my work boots. Been putting it off for months. They was thirsty!!!K9OT4OV.jpg

Each to their own of course and obviously mean no offence to @ecsong187 but I can't see why people would want these boots let alone pay the asking price. A pain to take on and off, speed hooks must forever be snagging in your jeans and the way the toe box has broke in makes it hard to even see which is left or right.  I just don't get the heavy work boot desire, even for heavy work!

Again no trolling intended. 

Geeman none taken. 

I work construction for a living I need actual work boots than can hold up to tough conditions I work in. Most of these boots in this thread wouldn’t last a week doing what I do  haha 

Honestly they don’t take long at all to take on and off or lace. 

21 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Geeman none taken. 

I work construction for a living I need actual work boots than can hold up to tough conditions I work in. Most of these boots in this thread wouldn’t last a week doing what I do  haha 

Have you looked into Nick's boots?

i wear my whites 8 inch high smokejumpers to jobsites and instay standing at least 2 hours on each site indo 2-3 jobsites a day  and i feel secure and confident . Takes me 4 mins to wear em and 2 mins to take off.

you need to buy a pair to see geeman

nicks are freaking heavy! 

19 hours ago, edmond said:

i wear my whites 8 inch high smokejumpers to jobsites and instay standing at least 2 hours on each site indo 2-3 jobsites a day  and i feel secure and confident . Takes me 4 mins to wear em and 2 mins to take off.

you need to buy a pair to see geeman

nicks are freaking heavy! 

Did you try Nicks double sole or single sole for heavy?

Edited by mlwdp

So I think I’m going to go with a 12 in the Devil’s Causeway engineers, I’m wearing my old Alden Indy’s today and a lot of people seemed to say go with the same size. Now that I’m wearing them for the first time in ages they feel a little snug. Kind of tempted to get the JL Combat boots too...

On 1/6/2019 at 5:28 AM, ecsong187 said:

Geeman none taken. 

I have had my smokejumpers save my ankle and possibly more when carying doors around on construction sites. I'm likely to replace mine with Wesco Jobmasters when the time comes since I like a lower arch in my boots and my other pair of Wescos have been getting used way more for work lately.

On ‎3‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, ecsong187 said:

I’ve been been talking with Kyle at Baker about making me a custom pair of SmokeJumpers in black tea core horsehide! 

wow, keep us updated; it's exactly what I want for a boot, although I'd opt for a bounty hunter

Does anyone here have sizing advise for Rolling Dub Trio (specifically Casper side zip boots) or Brother Bridge boots?

23 hours ago, Broark said:

So I think I’m going to go with a 12 in the Devil’s Causeway engineers, I’m wearing my old Alden Indy’s today and a lot of people seemed to say go with the same size. Now that I’m wearing them for the first time in ages they feel a little snug. Kind of tempted to get the JL Combat boots too...

Austin your better than that! Get a pair of boss man i swear youll never look back

1 minute ago, edmond said:

Double midsole heavy as fuck man sold it 

I'm selling my White's double midsole and having a hard time selling them.  The standard was a pain to deal with.  Cool boot though.  I heard Nick's is harder to break in!

15 minutes ago, edmond said:

Austin your better than that! Get a pair of boss man i swear youll never look back

I don’t know what it is Ed but Wesco doesn’t really do a lot for me. They look so uniform and totalitarian. Their leathers look kind of flat to me. All that being said I’ve never seen a pair in person either. 

25 minutes ago, Broark said:

I don’t know what it is Ed but Wesco doesn’t really do a lot for me. They look so uniform and totalitarian. Their leathers look kind of flat to me. All that being said I’ve never seen a pair in person either. 

I can't find a rave reviews about them in the field of fire like Nick's, White's and Drews.  If you ride motorcycles, Wesco is the way to go with White's Smokejumpers being another option from what I've see.  I can't see Lofgren being good for riding.

What I'd like to see is Nick's having a bigger stance in Japan so I could see what designs they come up with.

1 hour ago, edmond said:

Auper man all my whites habe a double mid sole man and theyre lighter than the nicks!

Nick's Renegade engineer, double midsole in what looks like it was cut down from 12 inch to 8 inches.

IMG_4483.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Theyre like a pair o csf man really flat to start with but gets really nice with age i swear man and pls go and find one jn person and tale a look 

the leather is what sets wesco aprt they use heavy oz siedel dry tanned leather man is wear by the leather they use

3 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Nick's Renegade engineer, double midsole in what looks like it was cut down from 12 inch to 8 inches.

Nee to see those renegades never seen one