Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Unmarked's instagram post of their work the past few days/months.  They'll give Yuketen some completion if they get carried more in other places and clean up their customer service.

image_zps34qcwf5d.jpg
image_zps8dcdc6pp.jpg
image_zps5w167xsc.jpg
image_zpstd73br2t.jpg

image_zpsfftjo9dw.jpg

image_zpsy2j1guwf.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Unmarked's instagram post of their work the past few days/months.  They'll give Yuketen some completion if they get carried more in other places and clean up their customer service.

I wonder if Unmarked makes some of Yuketen's boots? Word is certain Yuketen boots are made in Mexico...

Anyway, Unmarked seem to be the real deal.

Edited by Iron Horse

On 1/14/2017 at 0:53 AM, mlwdp said:

image_zps34qcwf5d.jpg
image_zps8dcdc6pp.jpg
image_zps5w167xsc.jpg
image_zpstd73br2t.jpg

image_zpsfftjo9dw.jpg

image_zpsy2j1guwf.jpg

I think something from them will be my next purchase....looking great without looking like everything else

Is there any splitting on the moc toes? If not, then I wouldn't worry too much about trying to coat this leather. If there's splitting where water can leak it, try putting Vaseline in the there to stop up the holes.

Are you wearing these in the city? Crepe sole would not be my first choice for rainy weather in the city if you want traction. 

12 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Rolling Dubs?  Have you thought about a false leather tongue?

1 hour ago, edmond said:

What boots are those?

Yes, Rolling Dub Trio's "Coupen Boots." though they are really more of a work shoe than a boot.  Hmm, I haven't thought about false tongues with these. I have used some with my White's, but mostly just go as is.

15 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Is there any splitting on the moc toes? If not, then I wouldn't worry too much about trying to coat this leather. If there's splitting where water can leak it, try putting Vaseline in the there to stop up the holes.

Are you wearing these in the city? Crepe sole would not be my first choice for rainy weather in the city if you want traction. 

Yeah there's some splitting but not too much.  I was in the middle of waterproofing one of my shoes and looked at my boots recently thinking about whether or not I wanted to do the same with them.  I'm going to try the Vaseline you suggested for the splitting.

As for winter/rainy weather, I don't wear my Red Wings as I normally wear my Danners that have goretex.  Even when I lived in Wisconsin I wouldn't wear my Red Wings and opted for my Danners instead. I still need to give them a good polish though.  Been putting that off for a loooong time.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...