Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Interesting to see White's will have a booth at Inspiration LA next month. I'm guessing to preview their casual boot line, which I'll document widely for you all here. Personally, I'll stick with the standard work boots, but do agree the new designs will appeal to many.

See you there?

Damn I love my Workman boots by Unmarked.  It's boot weather so I've been breaking them into the rotation.  My first experience with Chromexcel leather. Nice little oxidation on the brass eyelets and hooks.

image_zps5efzgiai.jpg

image_zpsmu7gonlw.jpg

10 hours ago, mikecch said:

Tricker's monkey boots made with French calf from Haas Tannery (the Barenia dudes):

ucjPqgT.jpg

those are similar (might even be the same) to the ones I bought during christmas sale!

1 hour ago, mikecch said:

^ From Superdenim? Then it is :)

Yup the very same. I should have waited a bit longer until the 2nd price drop, but I had my eye on these for a long time and was waiting until they went on sale

On 12/29/2016 at 11:04 PM, mikecch said:

I am between US 9 d and US 9 e.

Think you should be OK with UK 8. Yes, the last is a little wider than average.

Maybe I have strange feet...or strange socks.

Well I went with uk8. The fit perfect first day around the house.  Felt a bit snug the second.  Fingers cross they stretch a tad

Anyone have any experience stretching the shafts of engineer boots? I am still struggling to get my RRLs on and off (struggling as in, needing to surgically remove them) 

Once they are on my feet they are fantastic tho :/ 

Just looking for some advice to give my cobbler & what exactly to ask for 

1 hour ago, karanimal said:

No, but i am pretty sure i would rip the heel off the boot using one lol 

When using a boot jack you shouldn't be prying the boot off by the heel. The jack should be around the heel counter area, to avoid pulling the heel off. 

And, like IH asked, are you unbuckling the instep strap? 

Haven't posted here in a long while but I just got these and I like them!  Russell Moccasin Imperial with French Veal leather and Vibram 430 sole.  Super-nice and comfy, even on the first wear!

A0842C4A-9D8D-46E3-A64C-64B2CF964271_zps

5 hours ago, Moonshine said:

Haven't posted here in a long while but I just got these and I like them!  Russell Moccasin Imperial with French Veal leather and Vibram 430 sole.  Super-nice and comfy, even on the first wear!

A0842C4A-9D8D-46E3-A64C-64B2CF964271_zps

Beautiful boots! I have a pair of these on order, and seeing yours is making me anxious to get them. Thanks for sharing! 

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...