Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

The Loom & Last ones are made by Lastrite in Whangarei, NZ. They use the same Rapid Standard Brass Screw machine for soling that William Lennon does - apparently only 5 or 6 still exist globally. Both companies may use similar lasts too as the boot profiles seem quite similar.

More information here courtesy of Paul T: http://loomstate.co.uk

the 2060 is just glued to the mid.  If the crepe sole is glued as well, its just a rip off and replace job.  In these situations, just about anyone can do the job, but some cobblers slack on letting the glue set long enough or they dont spread it evenly about.  But if your guy isnt a buffoon, it should be ok.  

Got my correct Trickers boots today, couldn't be happier! I can see why lot of people rave about Trickers, they look and feel great. Will see how they are after a full day (and more) wearing them

IMG_20160617_232140.jpg

IMG_20160617_231037.jpg

Edited by Niro

Not usually into Trickers for some reason (can't put my finger on it) but those look nice.

I also like the look of those Last and Loom boots.

I picked up some generic Dr. Scholl's insoles for my Viberg derbies and they fit perfectly now.

I was worried I would have to try and sell them!

Yea me too, this was the only Trickers boot style that I liked. It's almost exactly the same as the collab between Trickers and Superdenim, but in calf leather not shell cordovan.

The high end english shoemakers rarely seem to do any cap toe boots, let alone ones without grain leather or those perforated patterns on the leather.

i think theres a level of variability in this kind of thing that you are best to just accept. Leather is skin, so yea maybe that cow got fat haha.   That said, they look unworn so an exchange is a valid option if you think it will bug you.  But it will get to a point where they are so worn in and patina'd that this will not matter one way or another.  

I've had to stare at that for a while as I read your description a few times to really spot what you're talking about hollywoodisgood.

It's definitely just leather being leather (i.e. animal skin): you won't even notice it after a month of wear and if anything it's just part of the character of the boot.

Personally I think they look great.

I'm struggling to see much at all in the picture and agree with the others that you'll not notice a thing once the boots are broken in. My Indy boots crinkled quite a bit on the shaft just above the white stitching and if yours do the same, the shading on the leather will be a non-issue.

Sneakers get worn out & die ... I don't think they'd look better with age ... But that's a personal opinion.

Nevertheless, these are my Oki-Ni X Adidas, circa 2006 = 10th Anniv ... Boot addiction saved them :)

WilhelmBungert + Spezial + IndoorSuper

285352CB-7E86-425C-8F06-C7AC8CCE5FF5.jpg

DC9EE187-4622-4C19-B23B-4C0FD624A4AC.jpg

Sneakers get worn out & die ... I don't think they'd look better with age ... But that's a personal opinion.

Well......most of sneakers are with vulcanized soles and difficult to have them replaced. So once they've been worn out, that's it.....but that's the fate unfortunately.....let's buy new pair! (although I like well-loved sneakers)

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...