Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

God damn. I love these. Pardon the crappy work pants. With what I do in the lab right now, I won't wear nice stuff to work most days.

26279199020_8c0e41a2de_b.jpg

26459731432_305cba845b_b.jpg

26459735092_da82df32aa_b.jpg

26486014691_3f3fa35bb3_b.jpg

Alden for 14 Oz Berlin Whiskey Shell Cordovan. The body is a whole cut (which I love), with the addition of extra pieces for the laces. The color on these is really extraordinary. Oh, and Barrie last in E is ridiculously comfortable. Love it.

I love to have whiskey as well...Lol. Shell unique colors are hard to come by. I have a ravello captoe, 1 brown ptb, 1 whisky longwing, 1 color 8 tanker and C&J brown shell. Looking for more whiskey and ravello colors. Become an addict to Alden shell shoes now.

Edited by alvin_cheong

Love the Coupen. Where did you pick them up?

Ordered from the Japanese store Masuya:

https://masuya1997.com/category/item/brand/rollingdubtrio/

Hiroyoshi there is fluent in English and very helpful.  Shipped to the US in about 4 or 5 days, for a total cost of $565 USD (much cheaper apparently than a store in London is currently offering them for...)

Truman Boot Co in natty CXL. Admittedly not the most exciting for a MTO boot but I'm not a guy with a huge rotation and didn't want something too wild. Took about 9 weeks to get these after I made the order. Really happy with the fit and quality of these boots. Pics are after a couple of wears. 

NFxPuiB.jpg

EokSBv0.jpg

Tc9Y1mZ.jpg

QDwWIrv.jpg

Here they are with my Eternals and Chups 

Just sent my Alden Indy's to be bastardised with a 2021 sole. Intrigued by the results, will post when I get them back.

Yes, please post, I'd be very interested to see the results. Where did you send them..?

Just a local cobbler, he's more used to working on English dress shoes so the results should be interesting.

Ed, I currently own no foot with a 2021 sole, or anything that even remotely looks like one  :rolleyes:

New Alden 4060 HC's....Had the 4060 years ago but sold off due to sizing; turns out I'm a full size larger. Anyways, these are my favorite cap toe boots of all time, I plan to still be wearing them 80 years from now lol

26585754135_2fa3488a52_z.jpg

Edited by aho

Alden for 14 Oz Berlin Whiskey Shell Cordovan. The body is a whole cut (which I love), with the addition of extra pieces for the laces. The color on these is really extraordinary. Oh, and Barrie last in E is ridiculously comfortable. Love it.

@Cander - Beautiful!!! Where did you get them from? New or pre-owned? 

@Cander - Beautiful!!! Where did you get them from? New or pre-owned? 

Brand new. They're from 14 oz Berlin. They only ordered E width, and my feet are a bit on the wider side, so they work well for me!

I bought my first high end leather boots in January, which were Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Wingtip Boots. I have worn them for around 30 days or so, but when I walk (at the part where the ball of the foot flexes), the leather in the right boot presses quite hard against the top of my midfoot causing pain. The left boot is fine.

I never noticed this in the first week or so of wearing them.

Is this normal breaking in behaviour or is there something potentially wrong with the boot (or even my foot!)?

I bought my first high end leather boots in January, which were Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Wingtip Boots. I have worn them for around 30 days or so, but when I walk (at the part where the ball of the foot flexes), the leather in the right boot presses quite hard against the top of my midfoot causing pain. The left boot is fine.

I never noticed this in the first week or so of wearing them.

Is this normal breaking in behaviour or is there something potentially wrong with the boot (or even my foot!)?

Same exact thing happens with my Wolverines which are ~1/2 a size too small.  Unfortunately I've worn those for months and it never got better.  I can only rotate them in now because if I wear them multiple consecutive days it literally hurts too much to walk.

@Niro - do you have a high arch and/or high instep? Sometimes guys with high-volume feet (I'm like this; I have a very high arch and instep)) can have problems with shoes that are sized "properly" to the length of your foot. Also, you might want to check your foot size to where the ball of your foot bends, not just the overall length.

Real shoes/boots have an ideal spot where they bend,(unlike sneaks which can bend roughly anywhere) and again if the ball of your foot measures a larger size than the overall length of your foot, you may be in a size too small. The length of my foot measures a 9, but the ball of my foot measures a 10. For years and years and years I undersized all of my footwear unknowingly, and just threw out pair after pair of shoes/boots because they hurt my feet. Now I wear a 9 1/2 or 10 and my feet are much happier for it. 

Never owned Wolverines, but I'd check the laces for being too tight.

In fact, pull the laces out, put on the boots, walk around your house to check for comfort, then lace up with the boots still on.

That's a good idea, I will try that, thanks

@Niro - do you have a high arch and/or high instep? Sometimes guys with high-volume feet (I'm like this; I have a very high arch and instep)) can have problems with shoes that are sized "properly" to the length of your foot. Also, you might want to check your foot size to where the ball of your foot bends, not just the overall length.

Real shoes/boots have an ideal spot where they bend,(unlike sneaks which can bend roughly anywhere) and again if the ball of your foot measures a larger size than the overall length of your foot, you may be in a size too small. The length of my foot measures a 9, but the ball of my foot measures a 10. For years and years and years I undersized all of my footwear unknowingly, and just threw out pair after pair of shoes/boots because they hurt my feet. Now I wear a 9 1/2 or 10 and my feet are much happier for it. 

I don't think I do.

That's interesting, I didn't know that about these sort of boots. I will have to look that up. I am normally a size 9 but majority of reviews I read said to size down, so I bought 8 1/2, and these fit best, size 9 would have been too loose

the whiskey will be great! 

What did you have brian do to your aldens? Just a full resole? 

Yeah, he did a full resole. I have no idea what's going on, but it's been 8 days since he said he finished and he still hasn't shipped them back to me yet. Hopefully I'll get them in soon... :(

Truman Boot Co in natty CXL. Admittedly not the most exciting for a MTO boot but I'm not a guy with a huge rotation and didn't want something too wild. Took about 9 weeks to get these after I made the order. Really happy with the fit and quality of these boots. Pics are after a couple of wears. 

You'll have to keep us posted on how these hold up. I have no experience with them and they're such a new company that I'm hesitant to pay Alden-esque prices for their stuff. However, I love the look of Horween Dublin and would like to get some shoes made out of it to match my briefcase, so I may want to buy from these guys in the future.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...