Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

What I'm doing now is attaching heel taps and I just put the 3rd pair in my boots which have maybe 7 months of 1-2x wear on them. I'm thinking that if replacing the heel would be longer lasting, I would not rather have the taps. Are the Cat's paw heels I frequently see used here more durable?

I'm so sorry for the negative rep, the trackpad on my Macbook's been acting funny and it clicked on it by accident.

yeah that's natty cxl and it has developed quite a beautiful patina.

that's the first time I handle this kind of leather, really nice although it feels very soft (perhaps too soft?) for this kind of boots.

Anyhoo that's quite a steal and I couldn't be happier. they also fit great length and width wise.

they only feel a little too loose at the instep, might be a matter of getting used or maybe i should get an extra hole made on the straps to tighten them a bit more. or maybe an insole would do the trick? Anyway I'll try them out now and I'll see what to do. Nothing major anyway.

Lots of picture updates shortly...

Quoddy fixed up my canoe shoes and I just got notification that they're in my package locker at home now, so I'm excited to see them again. Per our emailing back and forth, whoever worked on them this time probably did a much better job than the last worker. They noticed and fixed some issues that I haven't even mentioned, so I'm happy to see that they'll happily make things right. Pictures later tonight.

Brian/Role Club just finished my tobacco calf Alden/J Crew Plain toes and is shipping them back tomorrow. Excited to see those again. He sent a single pic after finishing and the work looks like it was done really well from what I can tell.

I managed to snag a brand-new pair of Alden's whiskey shell bluchers. Should have those in a couple days. So excited to finally have some whiskey shell in my collection.

Lots of picture updates shortly...

Quoddy fixed up my canoe shoes and I just got notification that they're in my package locker at home now, so I'm excited to see them again. Per our emailing back and forth, whoever worked on them this time probably did a much better job than the last worker. They noticed and fixed some issues that I haven't even mentioned, so I'm happy to see that they'll happily make things right. Pictures later tonight.

Brian/Role Club just finished my tobacco calf Alden/J Crew Plain toes and is shipping them back tomorrow. Excited to see those again. He sent a single pic after finishing and the work looks like it was done really well from what I can tell.

I managed to snag a brand-new pair of Alden's whiskey shell bluchers. Should have those in a couple days. So excited to finally have some whiskey shell in my collection.

the whiskey will be great! 

What did you have brian do to your aldens? Just a full resole? 

no problem! 

I'm so sorry for the negative rep, the trackpad on my Macbook's been acting funny and it clicked on it by accident.

thanks for the advice guys. I will wait for a cobbler which can put vibram toplifts when I travel back home. I read it is much longer wearing than the generic rubber toplifts.

ok heres the last  for the horse butt engineer boots edie specs who wants them? let me know let me know!

10 inch enigneers

horse butt horween

biltrite heel

leather sole or cord half sole

brass nails

lemon wood pegs waist

double celastics on heel

cut off top

extra 1 inch on top and bottom straps

lining in goat skin

no celastic toe

single midsole

brass roller buckles

steel shank

veg tanned leather insole

good year welted

heel will be a tad higher than ordinary engineer ( like attractions)

e width last

price is gonna be hella cheaper than any horse butt  you will pay.

horse butt! horse butt

heres the last

IMG_0719_zpsrlo4izoj.jpg

IMG_0718_zpslfsacstt.jpg

I've just bought a pair of Nomads, not likely in the market for a second pair of engineers, though I'd be curious to see what it looks like. Will you have a prototype before gethering orders? I hope so..

Welcome back Mr Asian Charles Bronson!

There are some pretty reputable boot makers in Mexico, I'll be interested in seeing the sample.

If they had some kind of brown horsehide or just some nice brown shade leather I might be interested.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...