Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

decided to step my boot game up and placed an order for these less than a month ago. can't wait to put them to work.

white's bounty hunter from baker's

distressed smooth leather

antique garments

vibram 700 sole, natural midsole

23473092191_871f8e3891_b.jpg

since the distressed smooth looked a little dry, a bit of chelsea leather food turned these into a nice chocolate brown. really, the color i was hoping they'd turn into.

23041544774_df8342d1be_b.jpg

A year or two ago I posted a pair in pretty much the exact same configuration from a japanese guy that polished his and they came out to the richest dark whiskey brown that made me crave a pair for the longest time. I've no doubts they'll turn out even better with more age and wear!

Really hope I just had a new person stitching these boots up, and it's not things to come with Whites, but my current ones are hanging on, barely, till my new ones arrive. But wonder how this happened, poor work? Bad QC? Or me not getting a resole and wearing down the stitching? 

eJUUMuz.jpg?13ZB4N1a.jpg?1

Really hope I just had a new person stitching these boots up, and it's not things to come with Whites, but my current ones are hanging on, barely, till my new ones arrive. But wonder how this happened, poor work? Bad QC? Or me not getting a resole and wearing down the stitching? 

cUQiE9B.jpgIqaePop.jpg

seems like they've been due for a resole for a while by how worn down the outsole looks and the conditions you work in caused the glue to break down. can't see why baker's or white's wouldn't be able to take care of it if you show them. might want to try a sole that protects the stitching more, like the 100 or commando.

Yeah they will take care of it for me no problem, but Ned to get my hands on my new boss before I do anything. Also no point in getting them to fix then if I am going to just need a re sole, so will just do it together.

But good to know, I did get the 430 again as I am not working in as harsh places, but if I see it break down fast will just do 100

did you send in a tracing to either White's or Bakers? 

I'm asking because if you did they should be able to work it out with you. I know that sucks, but I'm sure you'll be happy in the end.

Whites arrived, and they're a good half size to big. I went with a slimmer last (bounty hunter from standard) with same measurements. To say I am upset would be pretty accurate.

It looks weird because of the angle of the back on the saw blade I am using as a gauge, and the condition of my old boot, but can see the size difference. Didn't even bother putting that boot on as I can clearly see it looks like a clowns boot in the box.

t6YlrVD.jpg

But besides the unwearble issue, these boots are fucking sweet. Wouldn't have gone with cuban heel, but apparently you have to if you want a steel toe which I found kind of odd to be honest. But builds pretty obvious, lace to toe, 8", red dog rough and smooth (love the combos, and had to get the red dog rough out after seeing gnomes and max's)

pKpddJu.jpgDM0DDBo.jpgIj5ZOkd.jpgBjpxcNB.jpgs7l5CFF.jpg6LgFldv.jpg

Edited by bradl

hows the quality of the stitching?  Right when I got my Whites it seemed there was more and more shitty stitch jobs coming out of their shop.  Might have been the 1000% increase in interest in their boots thanks to the workwear craze so I am wondering how they have managed.  

hows the quality of the stitching?  Right when I got my Whites it seemed there was more and more shitty stitch jobs coming out of their shop.  Might have been the 1000% increase in interest in their boots thanks to the workwear craze so I am wondering how they have managed.

I noticed a lot of wonky stitching in pictures but my 1-2 week old white's came out great.

Whites arrived, and they're a good half size to big. I went with a slimmer last (bounty hunter from standard) with same measurements. To say I am upset would be pretty accurate.

That sucks. It was a 9 week wait too wasn't it?

With the steel toe, is it possible that they went with a larger size because of the width of your tracing? With my steel toes (they're not Whites, but the same principle applies...), I had to size up a half-size because the widest of my true size wasn't wide enough for my feet. Last shapes being what they are, I had to size up to get the correct width so that my pinky toe wouldn't get shredded by the steel toe cap after a full day of work. 

Yeah, was 9 weeks, 10 weeks to my front door. Now I have to send them back to see if they lasted them right, but didn't get word as to what will happen if they are. By some weird chance my originals are wrong, but fit perfectly and these are lasted properly. But Kyle was the one who recommend the sizes. 

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...