Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Sagara make great boots, I'm seen and handled many of them, met the owner and been able to compare them in the flesh to White's, Viberg, Wesco etc....

They are not on the same level as those brands down to availability of leather in Indonesia, but I'd take them over Red Wing and Thorogood every day of the week, and that is coming from someone who has owned many pairs of both Red Wing and Thorogood.

Sagara boots are hand made, designed by one guy and offer incredible quality for the price. The only real valid criticism I have ever heard about them is that they are slow to respond to requests.

Sagara make great boots, I'm seen and handled many of them, met the owner and been able to compare them in the flesh to White's, Viberg, Wesco etc....

They are not on the same level as those brands down to availability of leather in Indonesia, but I'd take them over Red Wing and Thorogood every day of the week, and that is coming from someone who has owned many pairs of both Red Wing and Thorogood.

Sagara boots are hand made, designed by one guy and offer incredible quality for the price. The only real valid criticism I have ever heard about them is that they are slow to respond to requests.

Could not agree more!!

Nice.  The standard trim on the White's (double rows of stitching) really make them stand out..

My boots collection.
Top (Left to right) - RW 213, Warehouse x Thorogood, White's SD Burgundy calf
Bottom (Left to right) - Alden Indy x J Crew, White's SD Burgundy CXL, RW 1907

Been wearing my viberg chicago tan latigo boots for hiking a lot lately here in Sydney, been loving them for it as they clean up with a bit of a wipe down and brushing back to looking great. 

I've conditioned them once so far and they are probably due for a cleaning and conditioning again soon. 

Here they are after a 15km hike through the Royal National Park in NSW, tonnes of mud on this hike and lots of sharp rocks, the dainite sole performs excellently for me

aBFCL6j.jpg

stCig43.jpg

VEJhx2c.jpg

SCytGAP.jpg

The last picture really captures the richness of the chicago tan latigo leather in sunset light 

Man, this thread always makes me realize I need some new boots.

Got my Alden's back with some new heels, still holding up well after a few years of wear. I just want something more heavy duty and rugged.

Well i might as well post these too, my girlfriends allen edmonds daltons in burgundy shell, they don't fit her properly as they are a tad long. She tried to make them work but we've gone a different route for her. 

I'm sad to see these go, as they were absolutely gorgeous on her 

FGqEf8t.jpg

xp5yjQG.jpg

eQ27HDc.jpg

FBSRDcF.jpg

Amazing Vibergs Karanimal. Are those on the 1035 last? They look a little more rounded in the toebox and I like that a lot. Preparing to cop a 1035 boot imminently so these images are doing a fine job of pushing me over the edge.

Your lady looks to have good style too!

Amazing Vibergs Karanimal. Are those on the 1035 last? They look a little more rounded in the toebox and I like that a lot. Preparing to cop a 1035 boot imminently so these images are doing a fine job of pushing me over the edge.

Your lady looks to have good style too!

I honestly am not too sure which last they are on, all the other chicago tan latigo service boots with the 10 eyelets like mine are on a 2040...so I'm lead to believe that these are the 2040, i have a pair of 2030 w+h vibergs and they seem similar in fit and similar in shape so I'm not really too sure. They are unstructured and the toe has slimmed a bit since getting them. 

Maybe someone with more viberg last knowledge can chime in? But for now i am really unsure of the exact last 

EDIT: After a bit of looking at some profile pics of different viberg boots being compared i think these are on the 1035

EDIT #2: I am now 95% confident they are the 1035 

EDIT #3: THE GUYS ON R/GYW SEEM TO BELIEVE THEY ARE THE 2040 

Edited by karanimal

@karanimal

Awesome Vibergs. Really love these sunset color. You're sure these are Chicago Tan latigo? Not English Tan? Cause Chicago Tan looks really reddish.

Nope these are definitely the chicago tan, they have tonnes of red in them but all the scuffs and wear in them make them look more tanned then they actually are.  

Thanks for the info on the last Karanimal. I'd not considered that they could be 2040 but that another last I'm a fan of. Anyway, yesterday I swooped in on the Ebony Latigo service boots on the 1035 last that Standard & Strange. Should be with me next week. It's certainly not the right time of year for boot shopping but I've been on the lookout for a tough, smooth-out leather service boot that's not on the 2030 last for a while so I had to act.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...