Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Heads up that I'm selling a pair of White's oxfords on ebay, they end in 8 hours and they are currently £26!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281303828321?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

broken-homme-robert-boot-1.jpg

I recently bought these as the deal was too hard to pass off.  Thinking about changing the sole though once they come in next week.  Thoughts? 

Edited by mlwdp

Those Lofgrens are amazing, we just got the new black ones at the stores and they look unreal in person.  

It was my first time seeing an unworn pair in real life and it did not dissapoint.

^I've already placed my order :)

Nice! You were the one that got the first pair from SENY then...

Haven't posted much lately because I've been spending my considerable internet time obsessing over skiing and engineer boots. I've been wanting a pair of engineer boots for at least 18 months and I can't describe how many times I've built and discarded custom Wesco bosses and White's nomad on the build-a-boot sites. I just can't bring myself (yet) to spend that much money on boots (though I'm sure it's well worth it) and I prefer I less obviously well constructed boot (the white double stitching and ridiculously thick and high quality soul is a bit too conspicuous for my tastes).

The less expensive offerings had previously left me thinking I would be disappointed. The profile of Chippewa engineer boots is super sexy, but the low price point raises red flags in terms of quality, and I have never heard anything about the heritage collection so was hesitant to pull the plug there. The Redwing boots always looked a little clunky to me in pictures and the thick and heavily branded buckles they previously used were terrible. However, I recently noticed they started using unbranded roller buckles, and I had a zappos gift certificate for pretty much the exact cost of the boots, so I thought I'd give the 2991 (brown) model a try. I am not disappointed. In person (in size 9) they are much less bulbous looking than. they appear (profile looks just fine to me), and the construction and leather are just fine for the price point.

13907758606_2544b2edbd.jpg

13907751381_2fbd79e35f.jpg

13907936056_5b55597e9c.jpg

I can't wait for them to look like this:

13908101792_8374a542d8.jpg

Bonus: I turned 30 last week and my father gave me some crystal IPA glasses, which I had never heard of before. Seems sort of ridiculous, but they really do enhance the drinking experience. Here is the Double Jack double IPA from Firestone Walker.

13907759926_2aff023e54.jpg

Edited by Quoise1203

As much as i've always wanted engineers i have thin ankles and calves and can never get them to fit right, meaning lace ups are the way to go for me. Anyone else have similar problems that you were able to work around with sizing?

Everyone has problems with small ankles engineer boots are made with large ankles cause if they were snug you could not fucking slip on to a pair. This exact same problem came up on a pair of rrl engineers which a size 9 i could not fit into. I was able to slip my foot in on a size 10.5 anklefit great except the vamp is like 2 sizes oversized. So to end this all engineers have big ankles except for rrl.

Broken Homme ... let us know what you think once you put them on.

photo5_zpsa5ccc76d.jpg

photo7_zpsc99292cf.jpg

Can't complain.  I took them for 150 instead of 300.  They fit good for my wide foot and they're USA/union made as well.  I don't know about whether or not I will change the sole.  Maybe somewhere down the line.  

The pull tab's strength is questionable.

The engineers were on the site for 150 as well, but someone must have bought them.

Edited by mlwdp

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...