Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

/\ sounds plausible.

Crash - while you're about, pick your brains; what's the roomiest toe box of the English shoes you have / you've had?

I'm going to take a guess at the AS 77, but I'm not sure I need the instep depth, maybe the 88? (I sized my Kelso wrong, so can't tell) ... or other....?

I'd even consider Solovair at this rate - I'm feeling a need for English resurgence.

Thanks...

The AS 77 is a good shout, and the 88 probably too - how did you size your Kelso? I was looking high and low for a pair in my size recently but stocks are now thin.

Ever tried C&J's 365 last (Islay, amongst others)? The 325 (Coniston) last might be worth a pop too... Edited by CrashTestBrummie

I'm going to 'Need' to know alot more about these boots Noodle??

Very Nice.

I had emailed Gavin (Mega) about whether No Kipple would ever stock the Valiant II boot. I saw a photo of a MTO valiant that I believe was made for Hectic (sufu & no kipple). He did his with a black leather vamp & heel with red or oxblood upper.

Anyways, Gavin gave me Bagus @ Sagara's email as I was looking at a MTO Valiant. A couple of emails later about what I wanted and I was sending foot tracings and measurements. Yudha at Sagara then sent me leather options and we were building a boot.

I posted the particulars a couple pages back. But it will be Dark brown Japanese shell cordovan for vamp and heel, cigar pull up for the upper (as per pic). Double leather sole (in natural) with micro rubber and cats paw heels.

All in all it took about 2 weeks of constant email communication to get to the build. Sagara has been exceptional. I wanted a double leather sole as I am a rather large dude and with my job have to climb a lot of ladders. Because they do everything by hand this posed a problem due to thickness. Bagus tested it out and got back to me right away that they could do it.

I will make sure to post whatever other photos they send whilst the boot is in production.

I'm very, very intrigued to see the results of your build Noodle. Sagara are genuine craftsmen, building everything by hand, so I always love to see their MTO shoes and boots.

I recently received an update email from Sagara with this photo attached.

9C302416-55BA-420B-A94C-A6D683E5E901_zps

How long ago did you buy?  I ordered a pair about 2 weeks ago and am really looking forward to getting them!  Your looks great so far, by the way!

Edited by cander49

picked these up for a friend of mine yesterday at vmc store in zürich:

viberg 1950 service boots in black horsehide. pretty impressive imo!

7cof.jpg

love the sole and heel of those:

cdls.jpg

anybody able to help me find some cats paw soles? heels are pretty easy to find, not the soles though -.-

How long ago did you buy? I ordered a pair about 2 weeks ago and am really looking forward to getting them! Your looks great so far, by the way!

I expect mine sometime in March or April. The MTO take about 4 to 6 weeks according to Sagara's website. If you ordered an already available model then I would just factor in shipping from Indonesia to wherever you are. I'm not necessarily the best person to ask as I am new to Sagara. They seem to be pretty keen so I don't imagine there would be any delay on their end. I am curios how long mine will take to clear Canadian customs as those assholes are a collection of nit wits!

Finn if you are looking for the oldest kind like on those Vibergs, expect to pay through the nose unless you find a shoe repair place with old stock.

The pairs a decade or so later (with the cat face rather than whole cat) are a little less but still hard to find. How many pairs are you looking for?

picked these up for a friend of mine yesterday at vmc store in zürich:

viberg 1950 service boots in black horsehide. pretty impressive imo!

[delete]

love the sole and heel of those:

[delete]

anybody able to help me find some cats paw soles? heels are pretty easy to find, not the soles though -.-

This might seem obvious, and I am sure you already did it, but have you tired sending Guy (from Viberg) an email? 

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...