Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

No bother. For starters, you could ask for a swatch sample to include the zug and the kip, say also a latigo and CXL to compare them....

Anyway, food for thought. Plenty of life left in your 1K's yet, and still resoles ahead of you!

cool, I think I will email them next month and get them to send me some samples! as for the 1K's I don't think I will bother getting them resoled! wolverine don't offer this as a service and even if they did it would cost a small fortune to send them to the states (royal mail ripoffs) and in this country I can only seem to find cheap mail order cobblers! 

Just email them and Richard will get back to you.

Apparently John Rushton in London is very good and there's one in Fulham that William Kroll from Tender recommended, I think details are on the Tender thread somewhere,

I was just having a look around the web for nice shoes and I discovered Grenson! I had never heard of them before but I love the look of their shoes, these work boots look like a good 1K alternative...

http://www.grenson.co.uk/en_gb/shop/ryan

...and I love the look of these too...

http://www.grenson.co.uk/en_gb/shop/rhys

I used to wear Grenson a lot then the quality started heading south about 4 years ago. I am sure one of the better informed UK shoe enthusiasts could provide you with more detail but I would do your research before ordering.

I used to wear Grenson a lot then the quality started heading south about 4 years ago. I am sure one of the better informed UK shoe enthusiasts could provide you with more detail but I would do your research before ordering.

Hmmm, thanks for the headsup, I will have to have a better look into them. I thought they may be a good alternative to the Loake 1880 collection!

Still unfortunately won't avoid the scandalous RM postal charges, just hope the boots don't break the 2kg threshold!

I've sold and sent a few pairs of boots in my time using our post service - always RMSD insured to value or Parsole Farce equivalent and it's invariably set me back at least £15 to just over £20 odd quid  :angry:  

If you have a local shop that offers it, try using collect+ its cheaper than RM

Thanks freezie - I will look into that, new one on me mate.

Dylan - Loake 1880 are a better choice, and here's another, relatively similar looking boot to consider. 

Horween Leather, cheaper and made in Northampton. They don't specify who the manufacturer is but I suspect that it might be NPS Solovair going by some of the markings. 

NPS Solovair were the original maker of the DM boot and are still an OEM or private label manufacturer for other brand labels. 

These do look nice!, I notice that Aero also sell some william lennon boots too!, gotta love aero!

Freezie - my local shop does collect+ I may well try that out next time!

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...