Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

those are a pair if viberg serviceboots in brown horsehide leather, built on the 310last + a few other features (cap toe, dainite sole and heel, leather laces)!...

Very, very nice man, a bit out of my league right now but when i start wearing holes in my 1000 miles I think i will take a close look at those service boots! Although these William Lennon boots are real value for money and top notch quality too!!

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/178-tan-waxy-leather-sole-boot.html

...Also I emailed them and they have chromexel in stock that they can make those out of!! Nice

The William Lennon boots in your link are an excellent value.  I wish they made half sizes, though.  A 9.5 would have been perfect, but a 10 was just a bit too large.  Even with an insole, I was never happy with the fit.  I ended up selling them, but they were some of the heaviest, most bulletproof feeling boots I've ever owned.

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/178-tan-waxy-leather-sole-boot.html

...Also I emailed them and they have chromexel in stock that they can make those out of!! Nice

Although these William Lennon boots are real value for money and top notch quality too!!

The William Lennon World War 1 B5 Boot is very nice and very tempting.

P1080749%20copy-big.jpg

Not sure why I have so much trouble posting pics to this board... I had intended to post some comparison pics for White's and Viberg that I have, but when I do my link (from Snapfish) it shows as an "X".  It would be so much easier if we could upload pics directly, as other sites do. But there is no way to do that, right...?

Those are pretty good but the beef I have with Red Wings standard models and what tipped the Cabourn's into more desirable territory is, the soles. The regular boots have a very thin welt and midsole which I think are of too cheap a quality for a boot costing $300. If I bought them it would probably mean an immediate re-sole by someone who could beef up the materials used and then that would put the cost up into the $400+ range. Not sure I want to put that much money and work into a pair of Iron Rangers.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...