Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

A quick querie, has anyone ever lowered the sole on a engineer, specifically a road champ? I'd like to remove two or three of the leather stacks as I prefer a lower heel but will it fuck the geometry of the boot up by lowering it? Got a new pair on the way.

Why do you want to have the heels lowered, is it because you prefer the look of a lower heel or because you think that the boots will feel weird with the higher heel? I would say just wear them for a while and then decide once they actually need to be resoled. I love the heel on my RCs and would not change it. If you really want to have it done, email or call Raul at Willie's Shoe Service in LA, he's great with Road Champs.

The W & Anchor Bros. Work shoes Faith 01, test sample 3

jm3f.jpg

Have been following the crafts of 1940s after WWII, many of my own using products and design are familiar to the details of 40s.

But I prefer to bringing some new elements in and make them in line with the modern time.

The W & Anchor Bros. Work shoes are still in test. It is the third time testing, and it still have something to be improved.

Here we like to share something.

ww2b.jpg

eqss.jpg

e23v.jpg

thanks all...brutal happy with them i have to say!

Very nice Finn, is that your third pair of Vibergs now?!

well actually i don´t have that many. atm it´s my 6th pair, had to sell 2 though so the magic number is "4" atm.!

(and from what i know, b_F has more than 4 pairs of jeans, so i´m still good! ^^ )

Did you win the lottery? Nice cordo boots.

thanks and nope, finally joined the working class after years of studying, that´s all ;)

lock up all your daughters!

please don´t...hahaha :D

Finn, those are killer. I think I'll be locking my wallet in my car tonight so my drunken uninhibited self doesn't pick those up tonight. 

On a side note, this is probably a stupid question, but for those of you with engineers, do you undo all the straps to take them off? I just picked up my first pair of viberg 310 engineers and don't want the straps to break if I'm putting to much stress on them or whatever. 

Did I really just witness someone consult the Internet on how to take their boots off? Whoa.

Gorgeous Finn, goddamn. It's cordovan or nothing for my next Viberg.

Yeah I know, totally lame. Right before I posted that I was buying some pants at mister freedom thinking I was hot stuff rocking my new vibergs. Little did I know it would literally take 15 minutes to get those damn boots off.

The W & Anchor Bros. Work shoes Type 01

9wv8.jpg

Last night, the master of Dr. Sole brought the sample to me. After the times correcting, they are better and more familiar to the look it should be.

We ‘ve changed the details and type, communication and testing during the negotiation….

I am really satisfied about the sample this time.

The great details with the old manufacturing of Dr. Sole, make them better.

ecp9.jpg

The manufacturing of sole is the soul of the shoes. I can feel it directly after wearing. Really like it.

l7s8.jpg

The material, manufacture, durability, comfort…..are premier.

40si.jpg

The sewing line will be the next point. Really can’t wait!

mq1w.JPG

8p3o.jpg

z8z3.jpg

Plus, as an englishman I feel it is my civic duty to buy a pair of W.Anchors with a sole that looks very much like it says Ar sole on it. Comedy genius on great looking shoes....I am powerless to resist, please put me and Double00, Hoggy, Fre-co and Maynard down for a pair.

Plus, as an englishman I feel it is my civic duty to buy a pair of W.Anchors with a sole that looks very much like it says Ar sole on it. Comedy genius on great looking shoes....I am powerless to resist, please put me and Double00, Hoggy, Fre-co and Maynard down for a pair.

Hi Meg,

These shoes are still in testing. I'll put more info here when the next sample coming!

Thanks a lot.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...