Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

The Nomads are very nice, but they just aren't in the same league. The Nomads are much more modern feeling, and they have a few design flaws (the bulbous toe box, too wide shaft and the poor choice in buckles), compared to the older feel the RC's have.

I like both very much, and I highly recommend each pair, however if I had to choose between the two I would keep the RC's for sure. I find myself going back to them over and over again while the Nomads can sit on a shelf for weeks without being worn.

But that is just the aesthetic I prefer more. If you are more of an Iron Heart/heavyweight kind of person, the Nomads would probably be more up your alley because of the overworking of the sole and the overall heavy feel to them.

here are my custom viberg cordovan, at about 10 months

8953051201_2cc7e2d13f_z.jpg

8954243812_5e657f0772_z.jpg

8954250306_6e3dd048e9_z.jpg

when new:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/140583-shoes-that-look-better-with-age-2012/page-10#entry2792314

Love the look like glass finished leather...Beauty of black cordovan..any source i can get piece of this cordovan leather ? 

bellow are not mine but looks nice

179705_314694302000754_460356600_n.jpg

190014_298318563638328_108781670_n.jpg

Edited by spidereye

Was never a fan of this brand's obnoxious stylings, but the only thing that I own from Supreme and I do mean, the "ONLY" thing that I thought was worthwhile, was their collab with Timberland using Horween as a leather substitute in their hiker material.  I switched out the laces with leather laces from White's and switched out the original sockliner because it flat out sucked..

photo3_zpsc735406d.jpg

photo2_zpsdb184595.jpg

Hey guys, if I wear a 9.5 in the Alden trubalance last, 43 common project achilles, 10.5 chucks, what size should I go for on the 2030 last (service boot)?

I wore an 8D alden trubalance, I bought 7.5 Uk in the 2030 and the length is good but they are a little tight. may stretch out a little over time?

Nice makeup. Don't see too many pairs with no toe box.  Also don't typically see White's with flat brown laces.  Did those come from the factory? Is that the toffee dress leather? Also don't see that leather too often on White's.

Good call on the Bounty Hunters.  They look so much more robust than the Semi Dress!

thanks everyone!

peterparker, they actually came with 3 types of laces but I chose the flat brown for a cleaner look for the time being...will def. switch it up for fall/winter although I plan on getting smoke jumpers for the snow ;)

Received my first pair of Viberg, went for the same size I take in Alden trubalance (so US9.5 for Alden, UK9.5 for Viberg).

It's a tight fit, but not painful. I'm sure they'll stretch out a bit to be perfect. But CHRIST, these are some tough, rigid boots!!!

Still pondering the leather vs waxed laces conundrum. Going leather for now, but the waxed laces probably look good too.

utf-8DSCN1961_zps38666f69.jpg
utf-8DSCN1963_zps3a0dcfe3.jpg

Edited by Aries

Just added some venetian cream as they were a bit dry out of the box, now I can leave them for a few months to just accumulate some wear and tear.

Venetian cream is amazing though, so quick and easy, and always brings the shine out regardless of leather (I even use it on my cordovan to similar effect).

cec945f2-0d10-4429-b0ea-e8c407b327e4_zps

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...