Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Thanks - hope the FOB come through - I had some Samurai stuck there but they came out OK after a few days. I'll keep an eye on the OS Trench boots as apparently they are contacting me for information (usually means they want to see the invoice apparently) but as of Friday it hadn't arrived and I'm away till this Friday. If the get nicked hopefully Oak Street will replace!

No they haven't contacted me yet - the tracking says awaiting information from addressee - Parcelforce told me they can't help as UPS are the holding agents (Coventry hub). Gave me a phone number - they never ever answer goes stright to vm. So I'm still waiting for them to contact me and say what info they need but it's likely an invoice to show value,

Leather Soul Alden Jumper in brown CXL. Another fine conference call Friday. I'm keeping busy by shining shoes and/or taking pictures of shoes. If my colleagues could see me now...

The sun really came out of the clouds for the following image:

DSC_2912.jpg

DSC_2908.jpg

And for reference, Alden's Trubalance last in CXL vs. Barrie last in Color 8.

DSC_2914.jpg

I just picked up the CXL Jumper boot this week from a sf member. They were brand new/unworn. I always liked the makeup so I jumped (pun intended) at the chance as LS always sells out of this makeup quickly. They have a double waterloc sole.

Edited by patrick_b

The past few months have not been kind to the White's - from the dry and dusty vineyards to the soaking wet winery floor, the Bounty Hunters have had the snot kicked out of them.

Harsh reality is that I needed these on my feet day after day, so keeping them dry was not always possible. Finally had a few days off so I stuffed them with paper towels and rice to draw out as much moisture as possible.

8608079461_25060be0ec_z.jpg

8608076667_c03e5cb325_z.jpg

8608071819_2d5412c152_z.jpg

8608074361_842345b529_z.jpg

The vamp really takes a soaking and a beating, unlike the uppers which have the protection of some hardy denim; texture feels like sandpaper from having the moisture drawn out. The counter, upper, and tongue are developing a nice patina, however. Leather is Distressed Smooth, for those who are curious. Leather laces have been swapped out for nylon ones, as the leather ones get crusty pretty fast in these conditions.

Brushed clean, wiped with a damp cloth, left to dry, and coated liberally with Baker's leather protector like last time (i.e. no glamorous photos).

Hopefully when vintage is over I can give these a good cleaning and get some of the lustre and patina to show. But for now, it's back to work for tomorrow.

Edited by PeterParker

fresco, life is ironic; 5 years ago when I got into the superdenim scene, I worked an office job which had no real need for hard wearing denim and boots. It's almost as if I adapted my lifestyle to suit my wardrobe. It's so much more satisfying putting my jeans and boots to work than sitting at a computer all day. Even when I purchased my Bounty Hunters last year it was more a of fashion decision, I did not foresee their practical application.

Without a doubt one of the best purchases I've ever made - and I'm already thinking of how to make up my next pair. I see now why one would choose different leathers for different parts of the boot. In my case, a harder-wearing vamp leather less prone to drying out would be ideal.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...