Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Mega, you could always do a comp with 'legs' of a year or two each. Have a golden shoe or something that gets passed to the next 'winner' at the end of each leg. This would help keep interest for a competition lasting more than two years, and possibly allow for new entrants to hop on the train at the end of each leg.

If you're tying this into the Heavyweight Denim Championship then you've got the problem of delivery times. That starts in about three months, but the likes of Viberg and Russell have four to six month lead times.

Perhaps a better start date would be around September, six months after the denim championship has started.

Started wearing em on february 29th, 2012.

Black CXL/ picture overload!

DSC_0338_zps140cb298.jpg

DSC_0339_zps4fe8c358.jpg

DSC_0340_zps5b5f4c05.jpg

DSC_0341_zps46a4a780.jpg

DSC_0342_zps069340a3.jpg

DSC_0343_zps0930085a.jpg

DSC_0344_zpsda039178.jpg

DSC_0347_zps77deaee1.jpg

On the topic of White's, my Bounty Hunters have been seeing a lot of action lately. The arid and dusty conditions of working in a vineyard have taken their toll on the boots, so they needed some maintenance today.

Before:

r0012449.jpg

After:

r0012452.jpg

For these conditions, ideally I'd have the false tongue and nylon laces installed, but I forgot to bring them along with my travels. Definitely glad I brought these boots with me though. The tongue gaiter helps to keep the small rocks and prickly brush from getting into the boots. To think I almost brought my cigar Indy's instead!

Vintage whites smoke jumper. i wont @ ebay for 20$ ,shipping 40$ :P

Untitled-30.jpg

Grrrrr...what are you trying to do with me huh.

me; you are badly wounded i try to save you..... :lol:

Photo1187.jpg

Photo1184.jpg

Photo1186.jpg

Photo1185.jpg

Below under insole material is all leather made..even the shank is made from from leather. :cyclops:

Photo1188.jpg

Not yet finish the makeover & cosmetic surgery. :tongue:

good luck with the shoe competition Mega; as an actual contestant of the horsehide boots competition (which is suffering from a lack of updates) I fear it will be rather difficult to keep the interest going. The evolution of a pair of shoes is much more subtle and slow than a pair of denim. As mentioned before, it could take a couple of years before there's some impressive evo. Of course there are always some exceptions but mostly u will only see quick progress when people don't maintain their boots (destroying them in the progress)/wearing them everyday/ practicing some seriously crazy profession or hobby. Personally I don't like to wear the same pair of shoes/boots everyday, but thats just me.

I really like the Trench boot from Oak Street BootMakers

natural CXL

natural-captoe-trench-boot-02.jpg?1357651928533

natural-trench-boot-02.jpg?1357651958691

i like those Oakstreets, seem like a much better option than the hideous Wolverine 1000 mile boot. Like most though, I dont need anymore footwear. Also, Im getting kind of tired of chromexcel on everything. Id like to see some different leathers being used by Oakstreet. Their peanut suede is amazing, but havent seen it in a real world application yet

I absolutely do not need any more boots but couldn't resist these. Context do them in black also. Will have to sell my unworn Viberg Scouts and Trickers Stow as a result. Otherwise I'm turning into a hoarder.......

How are the William Lennon/Dundas?

^Being in chicago, I should be spoiled when it comes to Oakstreet...Seeing the boots online, I wasn't sure how I felt about them, seemed a bit too slim and "Fashion Forward" to me but when I dropped by Independence on Oak, they looked AMAZING in person (and being worn). They are the reason I can't buy jeans right now, and I'm also tempted by the blacks at Context (do they have them yet?)...

^Being in chicago, I should be spoiled when it comes to Oakstreet...Seeing the boots online, I wasn't sure how I felt about them, seemed a bit too slim and "Fashion Forward" to me but when I dropped by Independence on Oak, they looked AMAZING in person (and being worn). They are the reason I can't buy jeans right now, and I'm also tempted by the blacks at Context (do they have them yet?)...

They're in at Context if your wallet is ready for impact http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3785

X-post from the Horsehide Contest thread. BBW Cobble Hill

Sup guys. Long time no post.

BBW Cobble Hill coming along nicely. I've treated them with sno seal and polished them up since the last update. Probably going to replace the laces at some point soon as the originals are wearing pretty thin.

h87cYl.jpg

k9yywl.jpg?1

I´m patiently awaiting my White's SD. Been about 4 weeks since ordering, so getting closer at least...

Damn the wait! But when there´s something great awaiting... :blush:

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...