Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

age and wear. you could periodically treat them with Obenauf's, but anything other than that will just be like getting jeans that are pre distressed, and thats just plain foolish. Be patient and wear th boots everywhere, doing everything.

Just ordered a pair of RW 875. What is best for bringing out that wonderful orangish color that comes through with wear? Like these for example... (i am correct in assuming these are "oro-igional" leather right?)

5201816962_5a34c8b2f8.jpg

I know that I posted this somewhere, but not sure if it made it to this thread.

DSC_0268.jpg

viberg service boot in icy mocha chromexcel. had to sell some other shit, but it was worth iiiiiiit

dscn0618n.jpg

Does Viberg's service boot have a celastic toe? The low toe profile looks like most boots without a celastic toe...

I think I'm finally admitting to myself that chromexcel is all it's chalked up to be. Wish my White's were natural CXL (damn you hollowsleather for posting those photos).

those are the 50's service boots which usually come with soft toe if I'm not mistaken

I wish Bakers could do a Bounty Hunter in brown horsehide...

I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the re-imagined Corniche collection by Tricker's - they're not even English-made. At least the original Corniche range had some lovely shoes and boots, even if they were also very much a second-tier product line at the time.

(I also suspect that a lot of the old Corniche models were made of better quality materials, and to better standards, than those used by some top-end makers these days - Tricker's suede from decades past is something else, and their old gorse and zug leather is in a different league to what's used these days.)

If you're set on them, the Shoehealer has them on clearance for around £60 less than retail.

Personally, I'd stick to one of Tricker's 'flagship' models, not summat from this line which looks, to me, a little shabby and just another way to wring out a few more quid from the steadily increasing number of Tricker's fans from near and far.

If you're after a moccasin, look to some of the other makers who are famous for them - you'll be getting a little piece of heritage rather than an ill-considered add-on to a famous maker's key models.

Thanks for the Insight - i had wrongly presumed they would have been made in England. A real shame they're Not - this was part of the appeal in the first place.

Any Suggestions on a similar (looking) moccasin that's of a higher Quality and heritage?

Thanks again

Engineers aren't really my thing, but they look amazing MB, be careful the shoe thread police don't start getting all pissy about the lack of age on those boots though :P

I think interesting new footwear has always been welcomed on this thread - marinebilly's photos expecially, I find them hugely informative. The shots of, say, the same new Redwings that we've seen hundreds of times before, don't necessarily have the same interest.

Although SuFu is so quiet these days that maybe repetition distracts from the deafening silence.

Edited by Paul T

There are IH boys BT? Wow, sounds like a street gang.

We keep what we love, the rest is dust in the wind, the brand matters not. Tell me otherwise and I call bullshitter.

And that was a sneaky snipe BT, I didn't ever hear your siren :)

Edited by Megatron1505

A handful of pics of (some of) the family:

Crockett & Jones

dsc04313o.jpg

and Tricker's

dsc04314rj.jpg

And Lotus

dsc03560l.jpg

Gorgeous, NOS pair of Tricker's Veldtschoen, spotted recently at the British Seaside for a bargain £190, UK 7 1/2.

Interesting point on your linked blog, Paul, about Alfred Sargent getting into veldt manufacture by buying up Lotus's tools when they went bust - it occurred to me recently that I've never seen a truly vintage AS veldt and now I think I know why.

Of course, Sargent have made boots and shoes for a number of other people, but did you know that Jones the Bootmaker have, in the past, sold veldtschoen shoes made by Cheaney? I came across a pair the other week:

dsc04300xb.jpg

dsc04304iy.jpg

dsc04305m.jpg

jeezes CTB, thats an amazing collection; i still have yet to add a UK made shoe/boot to my collection.

Ed, im sure you can express yourself in a more cordial way than reverting to a cheesy line from a bad rap song.

Marineabilly, is there a way to compare the Lone Wolfs and Lofrgen engineers side by side? (perhaps u own both?)

they are just basically some brown lonewolf engineers that came out a couple of years ago. with a 30,000 up price . dang how these retailers really take advantage eh? i would understand if it wag 10,000 yen more due to having the brand and things stamped on the boot

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...