Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Heel stacks already start separating.

Besides, they didn't give me blocked heels and top strap is normal width (I requested same width with ankle strap). The instep is way bigger than the stock boots I tried.

Stompers boots helps me with this order, I'll find out more when I see them this weekend.

Last night got my RRL murdocks in the mail. Fit is great, but I have a ridiculous time getting them off. I had to enlist the help of my girlfriend to pull them off. Is there a trick to help pulling them off or will the instep loosen with wear?

Have you tried a boot jack (image courtesy of orvis)? Your boots will certainly get easier to don/doff as they break in but a boot jack should help and keep you from enlisting help or [god forbid] using the toe of one boot to step on the heel of the other (not saying that you'd do such a thing) :)

bootjack.jpg

http://www.orvis.com...aspx?pf_id=92g4

Edited to add: I just noticed that the linked boot jack is a whopping $200!! That's just plain ridiculoous. I bought one with a suede insert for < $20 IIRC.

Which is better, Oblenauf's heavy duty LP or Oblenauf's leather oil?

As was mentioned, HDLP is a better water proofer (water "resister" ?) and it's also a very good conditioner that will keep the leather healthy and keep it from drying out. The oil, OTOH is designed to keep the leather conditioned and nourished but doesn't help as much with water resistance. I've also found that the oil will darken the leather much more than the LP (my experience was only with a pull-up leather like CXL). For this reason, I stick with the HDLP and don't use the oil much.

These Wolverine 1K's have seen 3-4 Obenauf LP treatments over 18 months or so. I'll treat them again before the fall as they don't get much wear in the summer.

DSC_9880j.jpg

DSC_9884j.jpg

Edited by patrick_b

So,

My sister has been to Indonesia for a few weeks and I asked her if she could get me a pair of Sagara Boots. So she DID!

She got me the Imperial I. And I got to say, these boots are exceptional! Great quality and supercomfy!

IMG_4767.jpg

Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Those are gorgeous boots!!!

I mostly wear long black boots but they're getting trashed from overuse - only paid $60 in TKMAXX

My Crockett and Jones Monk shoes are nearly 4 years old and apart from repairs are holding up brilliantly

Black Sketchers for summmer, black suede Fitflops for indoors

2 pairs of Timberland boots (1 custom indigo nubuck) for muddy weather both old and worn...

Most comfortable shoes ever - Gaziono and Girling Oxfords - bought in 2009, still look brand new - double thickness rubber sole so will never need repairs!!

That's my entire shoe collection - not bad compared to the average woman who owns 300 pairs that she never wears haha!

IQ:)

These Wolverine 1K's have seen 3-4 Obenauf LP treatments over 18 months or so. I'll treat them again before the fall as they don't get much wear in the summer.

DSC_9880j.jpg

DSC_9884j.jpg

These look fantastic - more pictures!

Great to see so many aged shoes in this thread lately.

So,

My sister has been to Indonesia for a few weeks and I asked her if she could get me a pair of Sagara Boots. So she DID!

She got me the Imperial I. And I got to say, these boots are exceptional! Great quality and supercomfy!

IMG_4767.jpg

Hmmm... these look nice! can I ask what the damage was?

yes. thats slang for how much it costs.

Ok,

i´m not to familiar with all the slang. ;)

These set me back $185 and no shipping since my sister was already there. but she paid with local currency, so that´s why these boots came at a great price! great value for exceptional boots, classy, comfy and quality!

Ok,

i´m not to familiar with all the slang. ;)

These set me back $185 and no shipping since my sister was already there. but she paid with local currency, so that´s why these boots came at a great price! great value for exceptional boots, classy, comfy and quality!

Can we get fit pics? I have seen these boots on this sight, and have asked before, but noone has put up worn in pics yet. They do look good, but we only ever see the new ones. Would love to see a pair more worn in.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...