Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I have a lowered heel as well, but I plan on getting a full sole and a normal heel once a resole omes arouund. I think lowered looks better with a full sole like you have though.

The no rep thing is because of the theme you have selected. I changed mine back to the default and that fixed the rep thing.

I've heard a few people recommend mr clean magic erasers for that job. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to when it's next needed.

i just did this with a pair of Oak streets that have a Christy sole. Works fantastic. the eraser basically disintegrates, but it gets them pretty clean

hollows would rep if i could. those smoke jumps are way too nice for our own good. killin' it with the pictures, too.

guys, im pretty sure the lack of rep is because of the theme you have chosen. If you go back to the default theme, it should fix the issue. At least that was the fix for me. I switched it back to "superfuture" theme and its fine now.

To stay on topic, there's aguy on Style forum who just received his navy CXL whites. Not sure if he's active here, but here's a link in case not. http://www.styleforum.net/t/219173/custom-whites-boots-thoughts/570#post_5589705

The standard cost of such a boot is plainly stated on the baker's site. You can look at the break down of the price when you make your selections on the baker's website.

If you want it to be cheaper...

Don't get double midsoles. Don't get two different types of leather. Don't get a rolled top.

you need to do some math... just go to build-a-boot. maybe it doesn't work internationally, but it seemed pretty simple to me.

Last night got my RRL murdocks in the mail. Fit is great, but I have a ridiculous time getting them off. I had to enlist the help of my girlfriend to pull them off. Is there a trick to help pulling them off or will the instep loosen with wear?

My other question is, I found some suede (or rough out?) Trickers at the thrift store the other day, and I'm not sure how I go about cleaning and maintaining the leather. Can I just use the same obernaufs I use on my Quoddy's? I finally got my camera so I should take a pic, these things are awesome. Got them for $30 and they are practically brand new. Just a few spots on the left toe.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...