Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

^exactly why i'm raising them to standard height__ to get full utilization of the "arc ease". now, is that achievable on half-soles? that we'll have to find out

...... I think I will be going to a full sole/ standard heel height when a resole comes up. I also like the idea of a more Viberg-ish heel taper, but I doubt Whites would oblige.

'have an inkling how long it takes to wear out a pair of Vibram composite soles? ... forever.

anyway, if i chose not to wait forever & decide to re-sole i'd take the commando half-sole route, like on Knuck's White's [as shown below] or the Alden "Ultimate Indy"

the thing is, if i want a full sole like the #700, i'd just get the SemiDress sold @Baker's or w/e & not wait 2-3mos.

_it's about realizing an idea/concept.

black chromexcel, natural sole, half commando, block heel (lowered 1/4), antique hardware.

dislike the laces that came with them, any suggestions?

doEqC.jpg

sorta rounded, didnt realize. feels fine tho

lStB5.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

absolutely. Lowering by a 1/4" totally changes the arch profile. Theres a Chinese guy on Style Forum that has taken some good pics comparing the differences between heel height and single vs. double soles etc...

wheres this thread in styleforum? you need to post the link please

I'm pretty sure for half soles you don't have to raise them to achieve normal arch ease height. looks like it's supposed to be three extra stacks from toe to heel to be normal arch ease height and in my half soles they have the same difference

how do those double soles break in? I imagine they start off extremely stiff and break in to just stiff?

yes thats true until now theyre still quite hard . but i like the feel of it specially when done by okuyama san it give you a more"rolling" feel to it when you walk.

i love em! the low pro looks super good! great purchase and that must have a leather man all tingly.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...