Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

• 2 weeks later...

Better is very subjective, I personally find the rough look of a yellowing sole with time attractive. It gives the shoe character and personality that can only be achieved with time and use. The shoe has gone places, done things. It becomes a part of you. 
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but Geobaskets in my opinion age wonderfully. 

If you get the model number from the context site -2877- I did it for you... Just email russell and they will make you one. Might have to be a purchase for next summer though....

Ah yes, good point. 20 weeks is almost winter time :) Hmm get the shoe I want and delay satisfaction or get immediate satisfaction from Red Wing..

edit: Eh not really sure how I feel about that testimonial page on their website for the boot. 

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

Personally I find it immensely distasteful bordering on the offensive. I'd seen it before, similar I seem to recall also to a page on or linked from the Baker Shoe - the White's reseller - page. 

Yea, it honestly just stopped me, at least today, in placing an order. I understand that people have their hobbies along with their own personal way to have fun and relax. But I certainly don't want to wear a boot that is associated with that type of activity. To each his own though, damn shame because it's a good looking boot. I guess maybe if I have the Context one made it's not the EXACT same boot, but very similar. 

Wow, not here too. Everyone these days seems to be offended just to be offended. I can not believe you guys are honestly letting something dictate what you wear. You should probably do some research on the treatment of animals in the food and leather industry. Surely you wouldn't wear alligator, snake, deer or a lot of other animal products. Because they are specifically hunted or raised for this reason..... I guess deer skin patched jeans are a no no too huh ? There is no difference between trophy hunting and killing animals for material products in my eyes...... And no, I am not a hunter.

Edited by CJ23

Wow, not here too. Everyone these days seems to be offended just to be offended. I can not believe you guys are honestly letting something dictate what you wear. You should probably do some research on the treatment of animals in the food and leather industry. Surely you wouldn't wear alligator, snake, deer or a lot of other animal products. Because they are specifically hunted or raised for this reason..... I guess deer skin patched jeans are a no no too huh ? There is no difference between trophy hunting and killing animals for material products in my eyes...... And no, I am not a hunter.

These are endangered species we are talking about though; lions, cheetahs, buffalo, and elephants. Species that are not going to be around in the very near future. When I have a piece of clothing I like to consider the history and what it stands for if anything. I'm not saying Russell as a whole is morally vacant, but I was just surprised to see that. 

Didn't mean to derail the thread. Here's my contribution, Aldens Roy Boot about 4 years old and treated pretty good. 

ynAaZiY.jpg

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

A Bounty Hunter is a Smokejumper built on the Semi Dress last. What that basically means is you get a very tough and rugged looking work boot, built on a last that remains comfortable even if you spend absolutely hours on your feet and offering the best arch support you will find in a boot.

Think they're looking good, even after being the go-to shoe for snow and rain all winter and having a TV stand fall on them!

Alden #8 shell PTB commando sole.

0509141139.jpg

Edited by tigerpac

Oh, I agree. I did not know you were talking endangered. I do find it odd that they would support something like that.

These are endangered species we are talking about though; lions, cheetahs, buffalo, and elephants. Species that are not going to be around in the very near future. When I have a piece of clothing I like to consider the history and what it stands for if anything. I'm not saying Russell as a whole is morally vacant, but I was just surprised to see that. 

Didn't mean to derail the thread. Here's my contribution, Aldens Roy Boot about 4 years old and treated pretty good. 

ynAaZiY.jpg

Not really. What's the difference between hanging something on your wall and hanging it on your wrist, waist or feet ? Only difference is someone else is doing the killing for you. I just don't see how people can be half way on things like this. Either you are totally against killing animals or you are not...... But I do agree with not killing endangered species.

I think this part is where you're going to find some disagreement.

Not really. What's the difference between hanging something on your wall and hanging it on your wrist, waist or feet ? Only difference is someone else is doing the killing for you. I just don't see how people can be half way on things like this. Either you are totally against killing animals or you are not...... But I do agree with not killing endangered species.

Point is, killing for pleasure is offensive or do you think different?

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...