Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

they are fucking made in the same factory as lonewolfs or they really copied lonewolfs sole shape and how they sanded the midsole and all. dunno man but theyr fuckin over priced rather get me some lw's really. sorry fanboys but sometimes practicality wins and yeah overpricing is not cool

I'm not sure why Ed gets so mad about the Lofgrens (I have heard the leather is on the thin side, like 2-3 oz, but they still look good to me), but I'd say if you are looking for something built like a tank Wesco certainly fits the bill. However, I look at Wesco as more of a modern looking boot at this point, and that may not be what you want.

If you want something more vintage looking, Lofgren's certainly look the part, but I haven't handled them and can't really comment on the quality. If Vibergs were more reasonably priced, they are something of a mix of both worlds, but I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a pair of them (I have a pair that I purchased from Ed, and they are certainly worth at least that much, but I wouldn't even consider them above that price point).

The Buco and Beck boots produced by Real McCoy and Toys McCoy are top notch as well, but obviously quite pricey.

I also really like the White's Nomad's, but they are more of a modern boot, but they feel less indestructible than Wescos do.

You can also try to hold out for a vintage pair, or look to one of the many other brands out there. My recommendation is to find a pair you really like and buy those. Who cares what I, or Ed, or anyone else on here, think about each brand.

You may have also just been trying to ruffle Ed's feathers, and if that's the case, well done and ignore the above.

I have heard the leather is on the thin side, like 2-3 oz

Fine points ray, but this bit is off. 2-3oz is *very* thin, based on closeups of the Lofgren engineers I'd guess they're 4-5oz at least. ~4oz is as thin as Horween goes with chromexcel cowhide.

I'll be able to go into more detail about the Lofgrens in May :D

Edited by hollowsleather

couple pics from work. cant really post scans but phone pics are no problem. this is from an old 1920s nitrate celluloid negative that is almost clouded beyond repair. not a great pic, just thought it was interesting that all the shoes are boots.

photo10_zps2042640a.jpg

this on the other hand is crazy stylee. from an early aughts crumbly positive print.

photo11_zps5227391d.jpg

so I need to resole a few lighter wear things and was wondering if anyone knew the catalog # for or what this halftone-looking vibram outsole rubber nepenthes has been using on their birkenstock replicas... dudes at the shop weren't sure and i've stumped my regular cobblers...

bonus points if you know anywhere its available in nyc.

8574107465_1ddebc5f4b.jpg

Edited by mlproject

so I need to resole a few lighter wear things and was wondering if anyone knew the catalog # for or what this halftone-looking vibram outsole rubber nepenthes has been using on their birkenstock replicas... dudes at the shop weren't sure and i've stumped my regular cobblers...

bonus points if you know anywhere its available in nyc.

8574107465_1ddebc5f4b.jpg

vibram 7153 pluriball

sorry i'm not located in the US so....

perfect, thanks.

You can see the entire Vibram catalog at:

http://www.vibram.com/vibramrepair/catalogo.php?id_categoria=4&livello=1&lingua=2

Upper right part of page will allow you to download a pdf version. I've used it with my cobbler when ordering specific items. Funny, he was using a catalog that was a good decade old. He doesn't have a computer either...or take credit cards...and still uses an answering machine. But he does GREAT work!

Alden Shell perf cap toe boots in color 8 at 7-8 months. Nice sunny day today for pics.

DSC_2827.jpg

DSC_2830.jpg

DSC_2822.jpg

DSC_2817.jpg

DSC_2855.jpg

They've lighted a bit but still look damn good. I recently posted images after applying a mirror shine to the toe. I decided to stick with a matte finish and much prefer the above look.

This is the before/mirror toe from last fall:

DSC_2092.jpg

Edited by patrick_b

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...