speeding up the aging process (damn shine)

home

hey,

picked up a pair of hem & haw jeans not long ago for a cheap price and so far so good. they quite nicely, although I may go to a tailor and get the legs tapered for a slightly slimmer fit. they are similar if not the same to this: http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11932&highlight=melbourne

they are raw denim (i think...i'm a denim novice) and im hoping to work them in a bit but they still have that 'just new' slight shine/sheen to them which is pissing me off a little. in my eyes jeans should not be shiny at all.

anyway, so i was wondering if there was anything i could do to get rid of the sheen that is apperent on them. would washing them do the trick? im not too sure about that idea tho becoz ive only been wearing them for a week or so. maybe a wash with some of those fabric 'dye remover' solutions you can get at the supermarket...i assume its a light bleach solution.

all ideas are welcomed.

cheers,

home.

well if theres no resin coat i think washing them should do it. i don't think you need dye remover.

resin coat? sorry?

but if i wash will i be sacrificing the potential for these jeans? I know with my raw nudies i was told not to wash for atleast 6 months!

thanks once more.

they are raw denim (i think...i'm a denim novice) and im hoping to work them in a bit but they still have that 'just new' slight shine/sheen to them which is pissing me off a little

Its funny this is exactly what I like about my raw jeans and one of the reasons (besides wanting to smell like sweaty ass and for getting contrast) that I dont want to wash my jeans. Anyway, dont fuck around with all this other funny shit youre talking about just wash them or give them a soak and the shine will be gone.

Hitosorezore~

N.

Its funny this is exactly what I like about my raw jeans and one of the reasons (besides wanting to smell like sweaty ass and for getting contrast) that I dont want to wash my jeans. Anyway, dont fuck around with all this other funny shit youre talking about just wash them or give them a soak and the shine will be gone.

Hitosorezore~

N.

alright man, thanks for your input.

any other input is welcomed.

if washing IS the best option, how should i go about it...machine, hand, bath...cold, warm, hot...what sort of detergent.

thanks dudes!

iv got the hem&haw jeans aswell but with the white contrast stitching, just wear them for a while and the 'shiny coat' will be gone in no time.

a few days for me and it was all gone

ha, good choice, i kind of wish i'd gotten the white contrast stitching now in retrospect...

how long have you been wearing them for? starting to age nicely? any pics per chance? have you given them a wash?

i am personally tempted to give them a wash so that i can get rid of this sheen and to loose a bit of the colour/indigo, its really dark and solid atm.

do you know if the denim is raw man or has it just got a resin coating over it?

agreed.

---------

to each his own i guess

looks like i may be in the minority but in my eyes jeans that are 'shiny' appear unnatural

when i think jeans, i think nicely worn, matte, distressed DENIM

maybe you guys could look into some nylon tracksuit pants

everyone fears a wash like its the end of the world

i know i did once i got that whole nudie 6th month thing pounded into your brain

just let it sit in a tub of cold water and pour some soap or detergent on it

let it sit for a bit

and after maybe an hour or so take it outside in the sun to bake

itll comeback still fairly stiff

it might take some starching but in essence you just made your self a pair of one-wash jeans.

i did that to my new cures after i covered them in puke and now they are clean and fresh

however NO SHINE!

everyone fears a wash like its the end of the world

i know i did once i got that whole nudie 6th month thing pounded into your brain

just let it sit in a tub of cold water and pour some soap or detergent on it

let it sit for a bit

and after maybe an hour or so take it outside in the sun to bake

itll comeback still fairly stiff

it might take some starching but in essence you just made your self a pair of one-wash jeans.

i did that to my new cures after i covered them in puke and now they are clean and fresh

however NO SHINE!

i don't even know that this whole process is necessary

any type of rinse/hang dry works

i don't know why the hell you'd want to do that but,

best of luck to you in your quest for dull dark jeans

i don't even know that this whole process is necessary

any type of rinse/hang dry works

i don't know why the hell you'd want to do that but,

best of luck to you in your quest for dull dark jeans

what do you suggest i do then?

It's not dirty so I don't think you should wash it. I personally think you should just put it in the tub, inside out to soak for a bit. Don't agitate the water, don't move the jeans around. Just maybe put a weight on it, let it sit. If the water turns a little yellow, that's your starch coming out, right there. That's probably the shininess you don't like.

Drain the tub. Let your jeans drip dry.

Off you go.

It's not dirty so I don't think you should wash it. I personally think you should just put it in the tub, inside out to soak for a bit. Don't agitate the water, don't move the jeans around. Just maybe put a weight on it, let it sit. If the water turns a little yellow, that's your starch coming out, right there. That's probably the shininess you don't like.

Drain the tub. Let your jeans drip dry.

Off you go.

alright i think ill got with this option...

cheers