blankets, quilts, bedding, pillows

Went to look at some Marimekko bedding today and 99% of their stuff is as cutesy as I remembered. I don't want to have my place look like a NYC hipster girl apt. I have a fucking loft with concrete floors and I'd kill myself if someone described my place as homey or comfy-looking. Oh and I want a new cushion or two and everything I saw was corny as fuck, it's not like I'm not mostly looking at high-end solutions.

I definitely agree that Marimekko can be a bit too kitsch! kinda over my jungle sheets to be honest was contemplating bless or the marble print ones vampy posted. 

Where else have you been looking??

I definitely agree that Marimekko can be a bit too kitsch! kinda over my jungle sheets to be honest was contemplating bless or the marble print ones vampy posted. 

Where else have you been looking??

Went to actual furniture stores, people were trying to sell me $600 cushions that looked like some kid's art project. I don't want to innovate through my cushions, I want them to be high-end and comfortable. I might just purchase a stark white duvet cover instead of my (quite alright) pale grey one. In the end I guess can just stick with the one I have. Your sheets are nice though, Marimekko just didn't have a lot in that style, mostly dot and a vomit of flashy colour. A lot of the stuff  I saw elsewhere was like plaid or other bobo materials for Monocle readers.

I agree that it is quite a challenge to find interesting bedding while trying to avoid the overly cutesy trap.  Such a pity that the majority of bedding is aimed at dorm room teens and "interior decorator" women.  I have just stuck with solid color sheets and 80's abstract art blankets to ignore the headache.  Guess I can always go the boring military grade blanket route.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I might swap out my bed for a king size high end tempurpedic which won't fit the sheets, plus I thought it would be weird having a couple's photo underneath me if I have a girl over, maybe a conversation starter haha

Edited by Fycus

IMHO go with Japanese textiles/patterns for bedding. They're patterned but aren't overly "feminine."

LRKF002-F1.jpg

http://www.jlifeinternational.com/houseitems/futon/kakefuton/KF002.html

Best comforter I've ever used, much more comfortable than down, and the covers are removable for washing. Also goes well with my ronin techninja lifestyle.

• 2 months later...