blankets, quilts, bedding, pillows

general discussion thread...

need help finding other stockists/sources for the apc quilts... besides the webstore, and tres bien shop...

q9DN2.jpg

any other recs are appreciated

rare vintage pendleton blankets, handmade japanese boro quilts, tiger camo throw pillows, urban tech assault duvet covers, whatever/////

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

really want this

fzB5S08.jpg
hqS56Qc.jpg

http://safehouseusa.com/collections/duvet-sets/products/white-marble-duvet

http://safehouseusa.com/collections/duvet-sets/products/black-marble-print-duvet-set

but i'm not sure about the "sanded polyester poplin"

i prefer natural materials... but this print is sick

Our duvet covers are made from a woven, super-soft, sanded polyester poplin; resists stains and pet hair. Comforter easily inserts with snap opening at bottom of duvet. Duvet sets include two standard-size plushed fleece microfiber pillowcases; soft, cuddly feel and superior warmth. No dry cleaning necessary, machine wash on warm with normal detergent; low to medium dryer; low heat ironing.

might just order some throw pillows first before i can commit to a complete duvet set

might just order some throw pillows first before i can commit to a complete duvet set

Dude if you order let me know what they are like. Shit looks amazing but I am the same as you, very skeptical of poly. Especially when I'm on the search organic cotton/linen towels and blankets etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dude if you order let me know what they are like. Shit looks amazing but I am the same as you, very skeptical of poly. Especially when I'm on the search organic cotton/linen towels and blankets etc.

so i picked up a pair of the throw pillows (one white and one black), they're ok 

the throw pillows have a nicer than expected texture for poly.  on the website, they describe it as "polyester plain-weave oxford cloth" ...which is accurate (imagine feeling the coarseness of an oxford shirt, but in smooth poly).  i think the duvet cover is also poly, but may have different hand feel ("super-soft, sanded polyester poplin" for the duvet cover; "plushed fleece microfiber pillowcases")  

obviously, high-quality print on natural materials (e.g. cotton sheets for the bless prints) would have been better, but oh well.

also, this nike x pendleton blanket is so damn beautiful ..

fuck

qbMHyE5.jpg
LKyYtgY.jpg

marimekko make some pretty amazing bed linen, I have this one currently:

yTg6m.jpg

Went to look at some Marimekko bedding today and 99% of their stuff is as cutesy as I remembered. I don't want to have my place look like a NYC hipster girl apt. I have a fucking loft with concrete floors and I'd kill myself if someone described my place as homey or comfy-looking. Oh and I want a new cushion or two and everything I saw was corny as fuck, it's not like I'm not mostly looking at high-end solutions.