lets talk watches

poopie boy

westcoasttime is the only us place i could find. a bunch of british sites have them too.

there's another site that had college color natos, and i really wanted a plain blue with a white stripe (yale) but they're 47 bucks. for a fuckin nato. bullshit.

CountyComm.com and Broadarrow.net both sell the maratac Nato straps for a lot less than $40.

Need watch help here... I'm basically looking for an inexpensive piece to make time with at work. Usually I prefer leather for such a fit, so if anybody can suggest some brands or styles, that'd be nice. I've been really reflecting on Skagen as of late, bc I'm really into the minimalist look.

Or pick a Seiko 5 Sport diver, and not have to worry about a watch ever again.

get a hamilton field watch----manual wind. should hit at about 250 dollars. it will take a beating. interesting heritage. and handsome. and you can find it in the mall, next to the movado, and other ostentatious sheeeeeeeeeeit.

+1. hamilton makes some decent daily beaters and probably the best bang for your buck.

had the homie check out the Tourneau sale. Rolex and PAM was an unexpected no. But, there was Breguet, AP, Zenith, and IWC. Discount was 50% off msrp, which may or may not be good depending on what you want to buy.

Around my hood you can get 30% off of Zenith from the jump off. Zenith has the best chrono movement btw, ask about 90s Daytona and you will know why.

Guest Montreal

Was close to plunking some cash on a Navitimer, but I realized that I drive a Ford Focus and buying a watch that cost almost as much as my car was stupid (not to mention I'm 22 and wearing a Breitling would be a bit ostentatious)...

My watches:

1) Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub (on a black 'Breitling' style strap)

2) Seiko SKX033 'Pepsi' (on a navy kevlar Hirsch strap)

3) Seiko SNA225 (on a red carbon DiCarbonio strap)

Img1505.jpg

n6444933709621743234va9.jpg

It just amazes me, more than any other watches I have owned.

My weekend/leisure time requires me to have a watch that are more durable and 'active', if you catch my drift. And when I go to club, this is ultimately the perfect watch.

bling?

check.

scatch resistant?

check.

chick magnet?

check.

what more could you ask for?

n6444933709621743234va9.jpg

It just amazes me, more than any other watches I have owned.

My weekend/leisure time requires me to have a watch that are more durable and 'active', if you catch my drift. And when I go to club, this is ultimately the perfect watch.

bling?

check.

scatch resistant?

check.

chick magnet?

check.

what more could you ask for?

you need the black diamond edition

figured i'd post this, i built it. i know a lot of people don't like replicas, i love panerai and watches in general and loved learning how to put everything together. it's not perfect, and i would never pass it off as real, but i'm sure as hell proud i did it myself (made the strap too)

edit: i didnt build the whole movement from scratch, i bought it and put it in the case. according to my watchsmith it's a gen. swiss movement though!

2845533983_2b91aeb644.jpg

2846366522_a017020c55.jpg

2845533235_043b7fa30f.jpg

ken, i usually agree with you, but that watch and your description make me cringe. how much could a chanel watch be? 6k? small beans compared to real watch brands dood. fashion brand watches annoy me, from chanel and D&G to kenneth cole. I've never seen one I like. and chick magnet? maybe 17 year old CWGs, but anyone else knows that they're overpriced garbage. wear that shit with an ed hardy tee and desiels. and those same dumb bitches can recognize a rolex and that'll get them wet just as easily. waste of money. especially considering what $6,000 can get you.

sorry for my watch-snob bitchiness. rant over.

I am not into fashion watches either, but i give the j12 a pass because it does get girls to look. girls don't give a fuck about watches. their tiny wrists only support quartz so there really isn't a fascination with automatic movements.

either way that j12 is never on my list of things to purchase.

for 6k the best bet is that rolex sub, that shit is super steezy even with rolex making a mil of these puppy dogs a year (prob a lot less, but there is a shitload out there). it uses 904l steel while everyone else is using 316l or less. it has rolex movement, when dudes are using basterized valjoux. i use to be a hater, but i think that's the next cop for sure.

Guest Montreal
ken, i usually agree with you, but that watch and your description make me cringe. how much could a chanel watch be? 6k? small beans compared to real watch brands dood. fashion brand watches annoy me, from chanel and D&G to kenneth cole. I've never seen one I like. and chick magnet? maybe 17 year old CWGs, but anyone else knows that they're overpriced garbage. wear that shit with an ed hardy tee and desiels. and those same dumb bitches can recognize a rolex and that'll get them wet just as easily. waste of money. especially considering what $6,000 can get you.

sorry for my watch-snob bitchiness. rant over.

This is one of the dumber things I've read on the forums. Generally speaking, 'fashion watches' get no respect amongst watch aficionados, but the J12 is certainly the exception to the rule.