lets talk watches

poopie boy

another as in you've bought from them before? or another rolex?

Another Rolex.. i already have a silver DateJust but wouldn't mind a two-tone one for when i'm feeling very Iranian.

edit: for kiya, and anyone else who cares, the site and the guy who runs it gets props on a bunch of forums... so at least he seems legit now. and he posts on some of them, which is comforting a sign. lol. i just hope he does good work

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15456

If they say hes legit on MWR then hes legit I can tell you that much.

That dealer has been recommended to me in the past.
about to kop this tonight... 1947 IWC 6eater

http://www.classicwatch.com/graphics/images/watches/rxr0181s.jpg

not crazy about the redail, it's so perfect it doesn't look vintage. but i think i'll get it.

it's on hold until tonight. $1700 yay or nay plz?

have you seen some of their omegas, much better if you want that vintage steeze, but i think the price is a bit high. you can troll ebay and get it for a less, the reliability will be a crap shoot.

yeah, this is my first go at vintage so i have no idea if the pricepoint is good. thanks for clearing that up.

i saw the omegas too, but i've been wanting a vintage watch in (1) steel (2) 6eater and (3) small onion crown. don't care too much about the brand, IWC omega, or whatever. this one fits the bill.

westcoasttime is the only us place i could find. a bunch of british sites have them too.

there's another site that had college color natos, and i really wanted a plain blue with a white stripe (yale) but they're 47 bucks. for a fuckin nato. bullshit.

i have the skagen is not expensive but looks good.

Only one of the two above statements is true.

Only one of the two above statements is true.

hahahah

just got this 1947 Breitling Premier, with the first edition of the Venus 175

breitlingpremierchronographlugs.jpg

i'll post real pics when i actually get it in the mail. what strap to put on it? I have a beatup brown calfskin that i was thinkin about, but maybe a navy NATO...

ok, now i'm going to stop buying until I can find a 50s navitimer 806. seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
shit i completely forgot about that. what was the stock like?

It was actually worth going to. According to the people working there, the stuff that went the quickest was the lower retail priced items in the 2000-3000 range. Anything over 5-6k retail stuck around for a bit. They had a IWC Portugese Tourbillion for 50K. According to the folks working there, new stock coming in everyday. All stuff was 50% off retail, and torneau brand stuff was 70% off, pre owned stuff is 20% off but I heard there will be more markdowns on Thursday.

It was actually worth going to. According to the people working there, the stuff that went the quickest was the lower retail priced items in the 2000-3000 range. Anything over 5-6k retail stuck around for a bit. They had a IWC Portugese Tourbillion for 50K. According to the folks working there, new stock coming in everyday. All stuff was 50% off retail, and torneau brand stuff was 70% off, pre owned stuff is 20% off but I heard there will be more markdowns on Thursday.

any pateks, offshores or rolexes?

Just picked this up at the tourneau sample sale for 50% off

Didnt notice the miami vice logo till I got home. #24 of 50

IWC_watch.jpg

how much was it?

TissotHeritage150YsChrono.jpg

i've had this watch for a while it's the tissot heritage 150th anniversary watch. had a choice between a daniel jean richard or that tissot but the face on the DJR was just too big :\

seems as if everyone in this forum is into b&r panerai, etc.. no love for girard perragaux or audemars piguet? :x