poopie boy

lets talk watches

^ reminds me a little of junghans max bills. speaking of which, anyone own one? trying to decide between the hand-wound 34mm and the automatic 38mm. i've got pretty girly wrist.. 36mm would probably be perfect.

IMGP0820

Edited by home

Just got a Hamilton Khaki Field. I'm looking for a nato strap that looks like this, any idea where to get it? it has a 2 piece look but is one piece

n-hoolywood-compile-line-hamilton-khaki-field-watch-2.jpg

965peg-blk-b-3.jpg

Thinking of letting go of my SKX007 so I can cop another Steinhart. Thinking about the milsub.... hmmmm....

i have a debaufre (exact) same and i can attest to the quality. you will not regret

summed up what i think about nato straps. I love this guy. lol

http://ca.askmen.com...ato-straps.html

I just have a short question: What do you think about NATO watch straps? I think they look excellent on classic-looking dive watches. NATO straps give them a casual, yet preppy look. The only downside, I think, is that people who don't know anything about watches think that you’re wearing a cheap watch because of the nylon strap. Does the Snob approve?

By “NATO†straps, I assume you’re referring to those thin strips of nylon that urban hipsters are wearing on their faux vintage military watches in a hollow attempt to emulate a more genuine era. Nylon straps obviously had their use for soldiers as a cheap, durable means to strap on a watch, but they don’t belong on any watch to which a proper leather strap can be fitted. In fact, they don’t belong on any watch that costs more than the strap itself unless it’s a Rolex Military Submariner. But then you have no choice. And if you have one of those, you can wear whatever damn strap you want.

Edited by funkdoobi

excuse my ignorance, but what maker is the watch to the left?

2gydonb.jpg

Edited by hesse

don't recognize the watch, but it looks like a heuer logo.

summed up what i think about nato straps. I love this guy. lol

http://ca.askmen.com...ato-straps.html

I just have a short question: What do you think about NATO watch straps? I think they look excellent on classic-looking dive watches. NATO straps give them a casual, yet preppy look. The only downside, I think, is that people who don't know anything about watches think that you’re wearing a cheap watch because of the nylon strap. Does the Snob approve?

By “NATO†straps, I assume you’re referring to those thin strips of nylon that urban hipsters are wearing on their faux vintage military watches in a hollow attempt to emulate a more genuine era. Nylon straps obviously had their use for soldiers as a cheap, durable means to strap on a watch, but they don’t belong on any watch to which a proper leather strap can be fitted. In fact, they don’t belong on any watch that costs more than the strap itself unless it’s a Rolex Military Submariner. But then you have no choice. And if you have one of those, you can wear whatever damn strap you want.

meh, hype always gets some reactionary backlash

i think nato straps are a good look for field watches like hamilton or tsovet

anyone know a good source for a watch winder? looking to pick one up for someone as a xmas gift.

Watch winders are supposedly bad for your watch :huh: Unless... you get a timed one and only have it run for enough time to put the reserve back up to full. The timed ones cost more as far as I know.

Edited by Fycus

meh, hype always gets some reactionary backlash

i think nato straps are a good look for field watches like hamilton or tsovet

im rocking a zulu on my sub homage, i think they look good on diving watch types

Any recommendation for automatic watches? Much affordable compared to Montblanc or some other brands. :)

Edited by OXW

alright guys, the Mrs. is looking to gift a timepiece for our upcoming anniversary. Budget is $3-4K. Currently own breitling navitimer chronomatic, sinn 956 and some other daily beaters. I was looking into a sinn 757, pre-owned sub, or a Panerai?

you're gonna wear your anniversary gift as a beater? lol

what about a decent dress watch? Do you have one?

there are some decent dress watches, but you should spend more for a nice dress watch. i'd stick with a casual beater for that price range. i like the idea of a used or vintage sub.

Anyone have any reccomendations for a daily watch around the $500 price range? I prefer more simple designs but anything that you guys can suggest i'll consider!

there are some decent dress watches, but you should spend more for a nice dress watch. i'd stick with a casual beater for that price range. i like the idea of a used or vintage sub.

That is pretty high end. Granted, nice dress watches don't come cheap, but $4K isn't kid's watch money and Submariners and Panerais will be around forever (will one want one forever though?) a ss Dornblueth 99.1 for example would be a damn fine watch.

alright figure i'd ask this question in the right place :)

what watch is being rocked here? thx yall

2wowqo0.jpg

excuse my ignorance, but what maker is the watch to the left?

2gydonb.jpg

Before Heuer became Tag Heuer, they were known as plain old 'Heuer'. That watch looks to be one of their re issues of the last decade. http://forums.watchu...uer-523437.html Looks like a 'reissue' that isn't based on a real watch. From 2000.

The band looks so stupid

Edited by jakie

alright figure i'd ask this question in the right place :)

what watch is being rocked here? thx yall

2wowqo0.jpg

are you serious?

I know most of you guys like the high end stuff and seikos and the like, but here's my new 1942 Elgin... totally in love with these old service watches...

DSC09047.jpg