lets talk watches

poopie boy

I'm looking for a watch in the range of $300, a leather strap, hopefully gold accents somewhere, nothing overly complicated but a clean chronograph or date counter is appreciated.

I've looked into Hamiltons they arent bad, I like Stowa but they are a bit outta my price range and Seiko isnt quite doing it for me. Any others you might recommend? I know for what I'm looking for the price range is a little low but my mom wants to get me a watch for my 21st and it is what it is

My roommates girlfriend got him a nice vintage Yonger & Bresson (as vintage as the late 80s/early 90s can get) and the days of the week are in french which is legit. I think its pretty cool Or where I can find older ones

photo413o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

diggin one like this maybe with roman numerals http://www.jewelrama.com/yonger-hcr1408-72-gents-watch.html

Thanks in advance

looking for a ~$300 watch with chronograph and/or date on a leather strap with gold accents

do you want a manual wind, automatic, or quartz?

what size range are you looking for?

are you looking for a gold case or just gold accents?

what color dial are you looking for - light or dark?

just letting you know, an automatic chrono is tough to find for $300. a quartz chrono is more in your price range

some of these hamiltons look nice, particularly the khaki line

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en/watch-finder/

Yes I've realized that auto/manual is probably out of the question, I'm fine with quartz for now til i up my income game.

I'm looking for the medium range, I'm 6'1 but I dont like anything extremely bulky on my wrist.

I like the white face that my friend got but honestly either is fine.

Gold accents are fine, I want something that I can wear on the daily without looking too flashy, but some gold cases are quite handsome.

Main criteria is leather band, some type of gold accents, a date counter and not being retardedly (sp?) huge, and a somewhat simple face. I can get pretty picky but I dont want to make an excruciatingly painful search. Muchos Gracias!

just sent out my 1943 bulova A-11 to be cleaned, paint the hands, new dial and new crystal... Hopefully I should it keeping time in about a week or so... I'll post pics when I get it back.

Yes I've realized that auto/manual is probably out of the question, I'm fine with quartz for now til i up my income game.

I'm looking for the medium range, I'm 6'1 but I dont like anything extremely bulky on my wrist.

I like the white face that my friend got but honestly either is fine.

Gold accents are fine, I want something that I can wear on the daily without looking too flashy, but some gold cases are quite handsome.

Main criteria is leather band, some type of gold accents, a date counter and not being retardedly (sp?) huge, and a somewhat simple face. I can get pretty picky but I dont want to make an excruciatingly painful search. Muchos Gracias!

Citizen, for sure. The only way that's gonna happen.

I have been a fan of the 756 for ages & came close to ordering a while back. The diapal & UTC combo with an S case...

beautiful..

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/pics-inside-sinn-756s-diapal-utc-shell-cordovan-strap-485841.html

After the og strap perished I threw a fresh nato on the old 656 a few months back ...

P8312081.jpg

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj363/Notsyo/watch/P8312066.jpg

i lost my 756 and after meeting up with drew and seeing his sinn, i missed it even more. i had to go to singapore to buy that thing but i guess i'll have to get a new watch.

TIME FOR A NEW WATCH!!!

dude thats terrible. I'd do something horrible to somebody innocent if I lost my sinn.

i copped a speedmaster saphire sandwhich (3753.50) last month:

pros:

- very accurate movement, i get around 3.5secs a day, but i can autoregulate by putting it face down over night (slows it by about 1s)

- manual wind, meaning that you get the enjoyment of winding it every morning (it's actually really satisfying) and less wear than an automatic which uses a winding rotor making the SMP a very reliable movement

- easy to service, parts are widely available

- great legibility

- timeless

- not ostentatious, very versatile to dress up or down

- the history as the moonwatch makes great conversation

cons:

- no date function

- manual wind is a chore for some people

- somewhat common

390113_10150353808086299_533161298_8486563_1587435373_n.jpg

Here's my A-11 just back from a restoration... super happy with this.

watch.jpg

watch2.jpg

not sure how this new 5.0 picture thing works... help?

Edited by Happy Hooligan