lets talk watches

poopie boy

yea, the rubber's pretty nice. i like the breitling one, it's especially soft, yet thick (no homo?) compared to when i had my bell & ross on a rubber strap. also, yes. you do tend to sweat more than the metal bracelet, but it's easy to just take it off and wipe her down.

is that so?

i'd switched to the rubber because i found the bracelet a little hot and sweaty

maybe i'll go back to the nato (ducks)

should fucking neg you for saying that. omg. and yes. the rubber has no holes to breath through, the metal bracelet has tons of gaps and doesn't sweat as much. especially during summertime. at least that's what i've noticed.

Wanting a Ti pilot, but budg has me lookin at somethin more <250. Thoughts? (No Seikos/Cits/Alphas...?)

don;t know what you expect to get for less than $250 especially when you throw out the choices of Seikos or Citizens and it has to be Titanium

excuse me for my dumb question but since i've recently gotten into watches, what are some things to know about watches in general and about quality. you guys seem to admire and respect certain watches, is it based on personal preference or is it something special that you guys see in watches?

It doesn't have to be Ti, I'm goin budg. It'd probably be an Archimede Ti Pilot if I were having it all.

I need something lighter to knockaround daily. The Ocean Black is too heavy for everything, and truthfully the auto movement's longevity does worry me when I'm on a moto or gnarly bike rides, it's just shaking sooo much!

well anyone can take some generic quartz watch and put his brand stamp on it i guess. unless it's a high quality watch or automatic one then i don't know.

i tried this watch (and some Meistersinger that are awesome but too expensive for me) yesterday, for approx 500€ i'm really tempted to cop.

IMG_0029.jpg

i am a fan of the hamilton khaki automatics

mine is the most accurate (auto) watch i've ever had

one of my favorite things about it is the second(s) hand - i love how it goes all the way to the edge of the dial

i wish all watches were designed that way

i'd get a handwind instead though if i had to do it over again

and smaller (mine is 42mm - cartoon military concept)

never really been a fan of Omegas, but I've thought about getting a Speedy like that so many times - what are the differentiations between them? Some I see for like a stack, some I see for four, and to me they look identical. I know there's some wacky Moon Landing one and some other commemorative ones, but I think I recall seeing a good variety in prices on those? I'd be willing to own one for a G, but probably no more.