lets talk watches

poopie boy

Nice ID, corey...yeah, I really like the watches from the Moving Design collection. The Discus, aka the 'Burger' is also a favorite. Really solid, mechanical 6R15 movements.

The Burger:

img54911845.jpg

img54911848.jpg

Was about to cave into my basic instinct & buy the new GMT-Master II w/black ceramic bezel last night. Found out the price increased overnight from $5950 to $6825 (10-20% almost across the board, starting on the 1st). Fuck that...I'll buy a Credor Sonnerie, only 15,750,000 yen, or $151,603.

_abfAnKbLSM&NR

Use seiya or Higuchi. Higuchi is an AD & will usually offer better prices. Both are THE sellers to turn to to get JDM Seikos.

Just email either/both to get quotes - I'm sure either will beat any proxy - hint: you won't be paying MSRP and EMS shipping is included.

I've dealt with both on numerous occasions - zero risk.

What watch do you think would be good if I am fairly young, (still in school), but want something that is classy, yet not buisnessy. 1,000 and under is the price range. Maybe a leather band instead of metal would be best? Any recommendations?

likewise! except i'm out of school and working...

side note: where the fuck do college kids get a grand to drop on a watch? when i was in school i'd have to scrape my money together for pot and drinks at the bar during the week. if i was lucky i'd have enough for a jamaican beef patty w/ grape soda after the bars closed for some steezy drunk eats.

damn i want one, not that much even for an automatic :cool:

They really are great watches, you can dress them up with a nice leather strap or the stainless bracelet, or you can dress them down with a nylon Zulu strap or anything else like that.

likewise! except i'm out of school and working...

side note: where the fuck do college kids get a grand to drop on a watch? when i was in school i'd have to scrape my money together for pot and drinks at the bar during the week. if i was lucky i'd have enough for a jamaican beef patty w/ grape soda after the bars closed for some steezy drunk eats.

HAHAHA. I just sold a bunch of old random ipods, computers, and clothing that i had been accumulating over the past few years as gifts, ect, and therefore i now have a couple grand. I figure a nice watch is an investment worth making now

They really are great watches, you can dress them up with a nice leather strap or the stainless bracelet, or you can dress them down with a nylon Zulu strap or anything else like that.

Agreed. It looks really great with a nylon strap. Cheap and great toolwatch.

Are used Omegas completely worthless? I was browsing ebay and thought this one would've been interesting for the price, but missed out on it by like $3 (my ebay kung fu is shit)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200205075554

I'm kinda in the mood for something square'ish but don't really want to pony up 2 large for something I'm not gonna wear that often, so Monacos and B+R's I'm not that keen on...

You have to be a bit careful with vintage, they might be frankenstein watches or botched repairs. They can end up costing a lot to have fixed and serviced.

If you have a look at the omega website, you can check out the movement numbers agaist models and dates. You might have to register for the service.

Also look at the omega logos, it should be on the crown, movement, case, buckle (usually) and the glass if it is original or a geuine replacement.