lets talk watches

poopie boy

There's a lot of talk about there being no difference in 7750 movements between 6k and 1.5k watches, so you're just paying for the prestige etc.

That's nonsense; particularly in the case of IWC, a lot of the base components of the 7750 are actually replaced, and the rest are refinished to IWCs standards. Have a look at this thread on TimeZone, for starters, and IWC are by no means the only people who do it.

The Frank Muller watch looks kinda weird. I didn't know they had day/.night indicator on their watches. Never been a fan, the movement cost $60, but the watch cost 100 times more, where's the point ?

I can't really add much to this thread, I'm pretty low-budget in all aspects of my wardrobe/accessories. I just can't afford to spend several hundred dollars on a single item.

So, while I'm sure it won't be considered cool or stylish by anyone here, I find Fossil sometimes makes some nice-looking watches for under $200, which suit my needs just fine.

i want to buy my woman a watch for her BDay. I'm looking to spend $500 or less. The main criteria is that it shows all numbers (12-11, no romans).

anyone got reco's?

I'd buy her a nice automatic seiko :) !

the_state - if you go swiss then i suggest you look at Longines. Very reliable movements and they have an understated classic appeal. You can get a Dolce Vita for about 6-700, more then your budget, but it comes with a bit a cache. That's what I got for my mom.

If too much then go Seiko and Citizen as JuyLe has suggested; they make their own movements, and shit is reliable as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...
hey has anyone heard of the brand freiderick stein? i bought this watch off ebay a few days ago and im having second thoughts... dang

img4802979.jpg

img4802978.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREIDERICK-STEIN-AMUNDSEN-CHRONO-WHITE-GENTS-RRP-1375_W0QQitemZ180154516228QQihZ008QQcategoryZ111652QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.freiderick-stein.com/

I think that looks nice for the price.