lets talk watches

poopie boy

all the proper watches i like look like i've got a wall clock strapped to my arm because my wrists are so slim. I got a gucci just because it is nice and slim and the shape suited my wrist but I would love to upgrade to a real watch some time soon if I can find one that looks good...

a store salesman offered me a graham watch same price as a submariner... are hey any good?

1. panerai pam05

2. roler sstell sub

3. iwc pilots chrono

4. graham chrono

which of this 4 is what you watchhead thinks the best for the buck performance.. durablity. maintenance. service.. thanks guys..

Rolex is always a classic... I'm no watchhead, but if you're hoping that your timepiece is going to continue to hold some sort of value in the future, Rolex is probably your best bet since A) they're a well-recognized name, so collectors will pay top dollar for them and B) since they're so well established, there's a good chance that their service centers will still exist in the future

Watches are def something you should do extensive research on...

a store salesman offered me a graham watch same price as a submariner... are hey any good?

1. panerai pam05

2. roler sstell sub

3. iwc pilots chrono

4. graham chrono

which of this 4 is what you watchhead thinks the best for the buck performance.. durablity. maintenance. service.. thanks guys..

I presume its the black sub, right? i would definitely limit my choices to option 2&3 for my first piece, and then get a pam should you want to expand your collection for something a bit more casual.

Go for the IWC. Everyone's got a Rolex. But most importantly, try it on and see how it actually feels on your wrist.

all the proper watches i like look like i've got a wall clock strapped to my arm because my wrists are so slim. I got a gucci just because it is nice and slim and the shape suited my wrist but I would love to upgrade to a real watch some time soon if I can find one that looks good...

no one's gone gah gah over Cartier's on here yet but this is my vouch for them.

i too have skinny wrists and everything in cartier i've ever tried on in the 'regular' sizes (not the XL's) has looked great on me. most of them have a slimmer profile and they look awesome in casual AND more formal situations - something you can't neccessarily do with a sporty rolex sub (but who knows these days, there are people probably who do think they are appropriate for formal bc they are so expensive).

i'm not sure if i can pull off the current trend for big watches, bc i have small wrists. when i have tried on watches with cases bigger than 35mm they sometimes have the tendency to look a little too 'little kid playing with dad's watches'. i like my watches to fit in to my entire outfit, not be the huge focal point hanging off my wrist.

they may be a jewelry house first, but they still have a substantial cartier modified movement - and there is no denying that they just scream solid and posh if you've ever seen them in person.

my fave is of course the Santos Galbee, but i do have a liking for its cousin the Santos 100 which is slightly chunkier in the case profile and overall just a beefier looking version of the Galbee. there's also the Santos Dumont which i'll never be able to afford. the Tank Francaise is cool, but i like it better on women. until recently i wasn't a fan of the Pasha but i saw it in person and its way more masculine looking than it looks in pictures.

you should have a look, i'm just saying . . .

1. panerai pam05

2. roler sstell sub

3. iwc pilots chrono

4. graham chrono

I have the IWC Pilot and it is a simple 7750 and serviceing from a watchsmith runs about $200, sending it to IWC is about twice that.

PAM 005 (logo PAMSs) should be an eta 6497. I've had my 111H for about a year and a half now and it keeps great time. From what I have read these movements are very reliable and may not need serving for years.

Never owned a Rolex, but I've heard servicing for them is REDONKULOUS, my friend said his sub cost 1 g to service, he may be shitting me.

I love the Graham Swordfish Black Knight, but there Chrono configuration tells me it might be very difficult to service. But, this puppy dogs should have great resale value.

Actually all 4 of those watches have great resale value. IWC probably being the worse, then PAM, then Rolex, and the Graham may appreciate.

I own a Longines Avaitor watch that I got after working 5 years at this one company.

lol2.601.4.11.2.jpg

I just need to get a new strap for it.

I just picked up

836ea2f6c355a7053a82fd1dd1edc0ea.image.396x550.jpg

and one of my favorites is this $7 skull watch. It's "stainless stell" and you have to flip the head over to see the time. Sadly I don't have a picture of it. I've had it for years and for $7, it still looks good and works. I just wish the eyes glowed.

I wish I bought a Kieth Haring swatch in the 80's...

i dont wear a watch but if i did i would go for a Tag Heur Monaco, a $50 fake one.

cw2111fc6178wv7.jpg

Not to be an ass or anything, but why would you buy a fake one? You're buying a Tag for the movement; which is similar to Omega's movement since they are all part of the Swatch group.

Back to the topic

A Tag Formula 1 on a strap isn't too pricey (around $600-$800). A Tissot isn't that pricey, either. You can find a Tissot, who is also part of the Swatch group, for around $500. If you're looking to spend more than $10k, I would go for a Girard-Perragaux; who has been Robb-Reports #2 Best-of-the-Best watches for a while, or a Patek Phillipe. If you're looking for something around $2k-5k, a Daniel Jean Richard is always a good choice. Daniel Jean Richard's owned by Girard-Perragaux. GP basically makes the watches but puts it in DJR as a lower line of GP. You could also go for an Omega Planet Ocean, which were major hype in 2005. Other watches that I would recommend are IWC Portugese, Chanel J12, IWC Da Vinci, Tag Heuer Link Series, Chopard Mille Miglia Series, some Zenith stuff.

Sorry if some of it is outdated. I used to work at a Jewelery store back in 2004-2005 and haven't really touched up my stuff.

Buying a fake is the worst choice ever. For $50, go for a swatch, or a russian mechanical watch, but don't choose a fake. It'll last for between 1 month and 1 year, and you'll feel bad when people will laugh at your fake tag.

BTW, Tag Heuer sells overprice watches, since the movement in those has nothing special at all, it's basical ETA or Valjoux, and it's really not worth the price. Really bad price/quality ratio. But I must agree that their monaco and carrera (the brad pitt one) are nice watches. Chanel J12 is overrated too btw.

Buying a fake is the worst choice ever. For $50, go for a swatch, or a russian mechanical watch, but don't choose a fake. It'll last for between 1 month and 1 year, and you'll feel bad when people will laugh at your fake tag.

BTW, Tag Heuer sells overprice watches, since the movement in those has nothing special at all, it's basical ETA or Valjoux, and it's really not worth the price. Really bad price/quality ratio. But I must agree that their monaco and carrera (the brad pitt one) are nice watches. Chanel J12 is overrated too btw.

which carrera is the brad pitt one? im a watch noob....thinkin bout gettin the plain black strap non-chorno carrera online for around <1100....which is right around my price range

any other rec's for that kind of simple, smaller type watch? im esp drawn to the contrast stiching on the carrera

That one:

brad_pitt_CV2010.BA0786.jpg

Is it that one you're considering: http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/images/wv211b.ba0787n

Nice tag watch :D !

that is a nice watch...i was looking at that one in the brown leather strap w/ contrast stiching..which goes for around 2k+ on the internet...but its a tad out my price range, and not as versatile as the one im looking at...since i can only afford one watch right now, i wanna go for a piece that i can wear w/ basically anything...

eleenowatch.jpgEleeno watch:

Graphical patterns are used to tell the time. Price: $71.00

pimpwatch.jpgPimpin Ain't Easy PU watch: When the button is pressed for the time it will spiral all the lights on and off then show the time. Press the button again and the day and date will be displayed. Now what really makes this watch stand out, is the light up feature, the watch lights up every light in a spiral and then off in a spiral every 2 minutes from 6 PM to 1 AM. The Coating is done with IP Plating. IP fuses the color into the metal, so that it produces the hardest finish. The PU (polyurethane) strap is leather backed & provides a comfortable fit.

pimp2.jpgpimp3.jpg