lets talk watches

poopie boy

so here's the collection so far, always a fan of military/pilot style watch. bought every one of them to celebrate special occasions, except the b&r, a gift from father in law when i got married. bought iwc chrono when I started my own business 3 years ago, and sub #114060 when we found out we're pregnant, planning to give it to the future son/daughter when he/she turn 21. planning to get a vintage gmt but not sure for what occasion lol

x31mbvT.jpg

Edited by seven.homme

• 1 month later...

Jacek and his team at Hamilton are the biggest vintage Rolex dealer globally . I´ve bought a dweller from and they are super professional. For references you just have to check rolexforums.com thousands of 100% positive. 

One of the few dealers , I would by a double red dweller with out beeing able to see it live before. 

Anyone in San Francisco dealt with hqmilton out in the Mission Dist?  Thinking about coppin' a Sub there.

I've bought about half a dozen watches from them, they're as legit as it gets and their prices are very good.  

One tip.. know what you want before you go in, it's not a "watch store" in the traditional sense.  Most everything is wrapped up and they'll bring out whatever you like but you'll need to know what you're looking for.

Edited by kiya

Awesome, thanks for the response guys.  I have an appointment on Wednesday to go see several watches I've been eyeing.  Prices are not the cheapest but, based on what I have read and you guys' response, you know what you're getting. 

Breitling Transocean.  Currently my daily watch...

p8ZVrUZ.jpg

Looking for super quality nato straps with pvd hardware, any suggestions?

Edit:  searched the thread but only thing that peaked my interest was the straps at leffot.com.  Anyways, ideally.. looking for ballistic nylon (on the heavy duty side).  Any help would be awesome.

Edited by Flipflop214

• 2 weeks later...

@Flipflop214

Not familiar with the straps by Everest, but I can tell you that Hirsch & ISOFrane are both really nice straps for the money.  Personally I'd lean towards the ISOFrane for that Sea Dweller.

Recent pick up....

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean w/ Ceramic Bezel and black rubber band

Caliber - 8500 Movement with 60 hr power reserve

23232462101003.png

Edited by jward451

Put a new leather nato strap on my 5513 for the warmer months.

Really nice! Where did you get the strap?

I'm after a leather strap for my 60s Seamaster. Anyone have any suggestions? I quite like the Hodinkee one...

FADED-B-20-1_large.jpg

For this watch... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg/seamaster.jpg

Agreed. Good rule of thumb is to always get the bracelet, if the watch is offered on one. There are much more high quality aftermarket leather straps available than aftermarket bracelets. Especially for a brand line Sinn, you'll be able to get a better quality leather strap than the one that actually comes with the watch.

Here's the newest addition to my rotation, a Patek 5164A Aquanaut Travel Time.

6ADA02D3-1BFA-4E2A-97D6-24D7192B372E.jpg

nice patek, GMT function worth it? big price bump form the 5167

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...