lets talk watches

poopie boy

I misplaced my last watch on a flight a few weeks ago. Looking for something casual that won't mind wearing day to day and possibly misplacing again god forbid.

I like the Seiko SKX007K2

Hi2Qsxn.jpg

http://www.sports-watch-store.com/skx007k2-skx007-jubilee-seiko-automatic-gents-scuba-diver-watch/?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=40880157780

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-diver-s-60/seiko-automatic-divers-skx007k2-skx007k-skx007-men-s-watch-1167.html?gclid=CMDZ7dO8pb4CFY6RfgodyUYAew

Anyone know if these sites are legit or know of somewhere better to look?

• 3 months later...

few SINN owner on here, i know.. copping a 556 and having a hard time choosing between leather band or bracelet? i think the latter looks better but it's a good few extra coins. help?

It's always cheaper to get the bracelet with the watch and then get an aftermarket leather strap later.

Agreed. Good rule of thumb is to always get the bracelet, if the watch is offered on one. There are much more high quality aftermarket leather straps available than aftermarket bracelets. Especially for a brand line Sinn, you'll be able to get a better quality leather strap than the one that actually comes with the watch.

Here's the newest addition to my rotation, a Patek 5164A Aquanaut Travel Time.

6ADA02D3-1BFA-4E2A-97D6-24D7192B372E.jpg

few SINN owner on here, i know.. copping a 556 and having a hard time choosing between leather band or bracelet? i think the latter looks better but it's a good few extra coins. help?

If you like the bracelet just pony up for it as others have said. In general I'm not such a big fan of them so I would go with the band as it's the cheaper option. I don't like the stock Sinn leather band so it was put aside in favor of other options that I've put onto mine over time.

I find the Sinn bracelet for the 556 and 356 to be one of the most comfortable bracelets. I did the mistake of ordering the 356 on leather and ended up paying more for the bracelet at the end. I only wear it on the bracelet. I have a 104 that i bought on leather because the bracelet just looks awful on it with the polished finish. JMHO

I tried to like it, but can't get past that hour hand, lack of end links w/ bracelet doesn't help. 41 is still reasonable, but I got small wrists and I can't look at anything Tudor w/o going back to Rolex, which generally kills it.

Really it's just that I have been wanting a 1016 for so long and there is no substitute. I would rather just get a Khaki (same movement IIRC) or an actual old Ranger for the price of the new one and have money to spare.

Edited by chromesquared

One watch that is intriguing me is the new Tudor Vintage Ranger. Any thoughts on that? I know it is with just the ETA 2824 but I love the classic looks and how close it is to the original aside from the size.

I like the new Tudor Ranger, but only with the steel bracelet, i just don't like how large they made it.  As Chromesquared said, you can get a vintage (smaller) one for less than half the price, but most of them are super beat up.  If i find one in good condition i may pick it up..

Just robokopped this last month:

DSC08433_zps3805603b.jpg

Edited by kiya

for the life of me i can't remove the fucking z22 rubber diving strap from my 007...i've looked up all these 'tips' (razor blade, swiss army knife, dental floss) and still can't get it off. hopefully i haven't fucked the lugs or anything but i've never had so much difficulty before with a strap before. would a jewellery store do it? i've noticed it clicks now so i'm not sure if i've damaged the springbar or its half in/out or what...ugh.

Edited by conqueror

for the life of me i can't remove the fucking z22 rubber diving strap from my 007...i've looked up all these 'tips' (razor blade, swiss army knife, dental floss) and still can't get it off. hopefully i haven't fucked the lugs or anything but i've never had so much difficulty before with a strap before. would a jewellery store do it? i've noticed it clicks now so i'm not sure if i've damaged the springbar or its half in/out or what...ugh.

my du, i own same watch. the oem spring bars suck balls and i ended up getting a custom bracelet stuck on there which was only removed by a micro-machinist. if the spring bars broke, get some tiny ass snippers and cut them off, it cost me 50$ to get them removed by some "expert." if they're not broken, buy a springbar removal tool. you will need this shit if you plan on changing the bracelet even semi-regularly. 

my du, i own same watch. the oem spring bars suck balls and i ended up getting a custom bracelet stuck on there which was only removed by a micro-machinist. if the spring bars broke, get some tiny ass snippers and cut them off, it cost me 50$ to get them removed by some "expert." if they're not broken, buy a springbar removal tool. you will need this shit if you plan on changing the bracelet even semi-regularly. 

such a motherfucker, i ended up giving it to my grandad and it seriously took him 5 seconds with a small screwdriver (!). i think i've broken one of the springbars so when i can be bothered ordering some more i'll grab a removal tool too.

• 2 weeks later...

What's your opinion on the omega railmaster classique ( same as this one http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/sale-classic-omega-railmaster-884019.html )? My mother in law gave me one as a wedding gift and I don't really know if it's an everyday watch .... I'm not really a watch guy

Edit

Here is a bad pic of the watch , it belonged to my wife's father

IMG_20140918_182416_zpsy3mbezft.jpg

Edited by Flash

What's your opinion on the omega railmaster classique ( same as this one http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/sale-classic-omega-railmaster-884019.html )? My mother in law gave me one as a wedding gift and I don't really know if it's an everyday watch .... I'm not really a watch guy

Oh man, that is really, really nice. Probably a bit too nice to wear everyday, but I'd find it hard not to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

any recommendations for an automatic dress watch for less than $500? needs to have a black dial and leather strap. the orient bambino would be perfect, but i'm worried it'll be a little big on my girly wrists (just over 6").

edit - this might be an option, although i've never had a non-auto watch before. http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Mens-AU1040-08E-Eco-Drive-Watch/dp/B004JKBDYO

Edited by conqueror