lets talk watches

poopie boy

Hi, I need a suggestion for a daily wear. I'm looking to keep this $200 or lower. I am okay with eBay/used.

The Tsovet SVT-RS40 is really what I would like, yet I can't find it cheaper and it is a little out of my price range at this point.

I would really like a watch similar in looks/style as the tsovet (minimalist muted face/leather band).

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Friend is looking for a watch like this:

http://www.smartturnout.com/watches-and-watchstraps/heritage-watch.html

Any suggestions for something similar, that has better movement or is a better bang for your buck? That site and their watches just scream trendriding, so my hunch is that theres a lot better out there for less.

The site doesnt give any info on the watch other than that it has a quartz movement. No doubt that it's overpriced. But most better watches will be more than that. Look at Hamilton for something with a decent mechanical movement in the same price range, but if your friend wants to find a better watch in a similar style for a little more, look at vintage omegas.

interestingly, UW and tsovet are the two watch companies i had to use warranty repair for because the watches stopped functioning.

tsovet fixed the movement and it now works like a champ

UW took a few weeks to seemingly decide that their cost to repair would be in excess of the cost to refund the retailer. loved the watch but not sure i'd buy from them again. if i were looking at that style of watch, i'd considered the braun retros

btw - $400+ on a quartz watch with no precious metals and a fabric strap? isn't that kind of the definition of overpriced?

Edited by readytoignite

instead of getting a bracelet for the 007, i figure i would just keep it with the rubber diving strap for casual wear and then get this one for when i need to wear a tie or something. in a few years (hopefully) when i can finally afford a submariner they would both be replaced. thoughts?

Uysgq.jpg

Edited by conqueror

• 1 month later...

Is there anything I need to know before buying one of those Seiko Pepsi watches? Any variation over the years? Are fakes pervasive?

Edit: and I want mine made in Japan.

Edited by jstavrin

• 2 weeks later...

6zTCa29.jpg

My daily watch.

Watch history thus far: Nixon Time Teller P in all white, Nixon Time Teller in stainless steel (removed all hair from my wrist in a most painful manner), and now this Skagen. If looking to graduate up in the next year or so, I am trying to figure out what would serve my needs best. A submariner-style watch in stainless steel with a black face is my current desired design.

Options that seem to carry designs along this line and under $400 include MWC, Seiko, and Mt. Rainer Design. Any experience, thoughts, and/or competitors that would offer a better product?

Planning to invest some tax refundage, have thought a few diff ways so any thoughts on the below or anything missing deserving of consideration?

Air king

Speedmaster

Seamaster / planet ocean (dig the looks but may be a little giant)

Iwc portofino

Jlc reverso (one of the entry level ones)

Porto.

On an unrelated topic, Pics from SIHH this year are amazing.

Edited by ericdw