lets talk watches

poopie boy

The big pilot, they added a buy now link and said "very limited stock". I added to my cart, clicked next and the following page said the item was sold out. They have since removed the link and said to check back in June so hopefully they get a new stock rollout.

my carrera twin time is accurate within a few secs for a week and then randomly drops a couple of minutes... should i be concerned or is this part of life's rich pageant?

i should note that i know dick about watches in case it's not already evident

Edited by readytoignite

summer's here. i actually hae never owned a divers watch. i'm sick of the watch i usually wear at the beach/pool (a breitling colt gmt on a rubber strap). need a diver i can throw n a rubber strap or nato. really want a DSSD but i think it's too big for my girlish wrist. maybe a sub, but bleh. the only jlc diver i like is the deep sea vintage series, and my dad just got the european memovox so that's kinda out, the rest of jcl's divers are too big and too flashy. i don't like omegas. maybe ulysse nardin, but so much of their new stuff is so eurotrashy imo. trying to keep it under 10k, hopefully closer to 5. the superocean is kinda cool, but i'm kinda over breitling for a while. any ideas? thanks!

^^^ wanted the dssd for the longest time but it just didnt work on my 6.5in wrist. went with the 16600 instead.

really feeling the new tudor divers..the pelagos and black bay. well under 5k

yeah, i looked at the tudor but i don't think i like the red bezel on the black bay and the pelagos is a little too big. i'll probably end up with the 16600. waiting to hear back from my jeweler to see if he has any stock left over, if not i'll go used.

summer's here. i actually hae never owned a divers watch. i'm sick of the watch i usually wear at the beach/pool (a breitling colt gmt on a rubber strap). need a diver i can throw n a rubber strap or nato. really want a DSSD but i think it's too big for my girlish wrist. maybe a sub, but bleh. the only jlc diver i like is the deep sea vintage series, and my dad just got the european memovox so that's kinda out, the rest of jcl's divers are too big and too flashy. i don't like omegas. maybe ulysse nardin, but so much of their new stuff is so eurotrashy imo. trying to keep it under 10k, hopefully closer to 5. the superocean is kinda cool, but i'm kinda over breitling for a while. any ideas? thanks!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Or a Mk II.

found my late grandfather's collection of watches from the 50's (and probably older). these were pretty much in storage for 50+ years up until last week. i know next to nothing about watches aside from what gets discussed here but i thought i would make a contribution to the thread. sorry for the crap pics

p5252l.jpg

Wo5Tql.jpg

ws1dAl.jpg

kj9NNl.jpg

dvijCl.jpg

I made a video for the cheap automatic watch I got from china. I'm quite satisfied with it, and for $75 you can't really get a lot more watch than that. I just wish it was smaller.

Fifty Fathoms and Planet Ocean are like pie-plate big, they seem faddish to me. I don't even like Panerai's but I'd rather a 42mm Radiomir base over the FF or Planet Ocean. None are even close to each other in price, but whateva.

Fifty Fathoms and Planet Ocean are like pie-plate big, they seem faddish to me. I don't even like Panerai's but I'd rather a 42mm Radiomir base over the FF or Planet Ocean. None are even close to each other in price, but whateva.

The new 45 mm ones are too big, yes. A bit too shiny too.

• 2 weeks later...

super ocean is so good. i have what you'd prolly call a 'girly wrist' as well and i could do the super ocean no problem.

but maybe that's just me