lets talk watches

poopie boy

my everyday "tool" watch. i don't baby it. lot of nicks and dings just add character to it. wear it all the time at work and esp when i travel. the extra GMT 24hr hand allows me to keep track of separate time zones. i rarely use the bezel to track a 3rd time zone.

photo+1.JPG

just got this seiko diver for fun off of ebay. you can find a lot of older reconditioned vintage seikos for $50-$70 bucks on there. swapped it out with the zulu strap. the only thing that irks me is that there is no manual wind to the watch. i have to keep wearing it for it to keep ticking. but looking forward to swapping out different nato and zulu straps for when the mood suits me.

photo+2.JPG

HELP!

Guys i think I've majorly been scammed :( ...I bought a watch for my Brother's birthday, assuming that I had paid for something quite special. I hadn't heard of the brand before but i thought thats it's mainly due to the lack of my knowlege. He's really into collecting watches, but anyhow I bought him a 'Kede 3026' for $130...please tell me that's a reasonable price and i haven't fucked up big time!

I fucking hate the 5.0 noobs...

Dude, seriously?! firstly I've been aware of sufu for a while now (since '08), and ok I did something really stupid there (and I know I've only got myself to blame - before you start!) only because I'm not all that into watches. I wouldn't know know an ear from an arse when it comes to it (watches, that is, not actual physical anatomy).

I assume a few members would have seen my post and thought 'what an idoit' and probably has a little giggle to themselves, at least i added something to the thread....YOUR contribution was 2 negative reps and that shitty comment above? Wow! I would've much rather appreciated better banter, I'm always up for that shit but how did that ^^ make you come across as anything other than a jerk?...

on a side note;

SEVEN FUCKING DOLLARS?!!! I feel like a fucking mug right now

i've played with them both and decided on the reserve de marche for two reasons -- it's smaller, at least until they increased the case size in 2012, but those haven't been released yet. i have girly risks. second, the moon phase is really strictly a dress watch, because the stainless dial dresses the watch up a lot even though the case shape isn't particularly dressy. the reserve de marche is, imo, more casual despite the same stainless dial because of all the subdials. whichever you get, they look much better on the dark brown jaeger croc strap instead of the black one they're shown on.

mine is on order now, at least a few more weeks before it comes.

Dude, seriously?! firstly I've been aware of sufu for a while now (since '08), and ok I did something really stupid there (and I know I've only got myself to blame - before you start!) only because I'm not all that into watches. I wouldn't know know an ear from an arse when it comes to it (watches, that is, not actual physical anatomy).

I assume a few members would have seen my post and thought 'what an idoit' and probably has a little giggle to themselves, at least i added something to the thread....YOUR contribution was 2 negative reps and that shitty comment above? Wow! I would've much rather appreciated better banter, I'm always up for that shit but how did that ^^ make you come across as anything other than a jerk?...

on a side note;

SEVEN FUCKING DOLLARS?!!! I feel like a fucking mug right now

Firstly, you posted that you got scammed when you bought something that was overpriced. Secondly, shut the fuck up.

Model PAM 111, brand new rep , only watch

mechanical with automatic winding (definately not battery, can see the movement moving etc coz of the open back)

willing to let go at $2*0 (whatsapp me to discuss) ..-

interested parties pls pm me.. thanks

contact me at 97389313

no replies will be given to those who ask me abt authencity/box/reciept. 1:1 , no flaws on watch

598CF4D2-7057-44B3-898F-ED43F986DE24.jpg

4E0F4263-3259-44B6-9687-61E562A3ADEA.jpg

DF1F41F3-977A-44D7-B878-67E39F76EAB7.jpg

does this sound too good to be true?

Edited by orlylow

/\ whats that link/panerai? What did i miss out on? It 404s for me

just got this in. Maratac Big Pilot. 46mm. made in usa w/miyota 8245 movement. Im gonna throw on a thick black leather strap on that bitch and call it a day.

for size reference:

wtf sufu, y u no accept my image hosts?

http://i.imgur.com/72R7n.jpg

2644bv8.jpg

Edited by vaguerant

my grandpa gave me this a few weeks ago and i brought it to work for repair (i work at tourneau) and it's gonna cost $400 to fix, and that's with an employee discount...

never paid that much for a watch let alone a repair

09bea00c4f9f11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

i remember off the bat, the crown isnt functional. i need to check the service ticket for the rest.

but tomorrow i'm going to try to knock down the price even more if possible..

just out of curiousity (i'm not going to ask you for a hook up), what's the employee discount at tourneau, and does it actually apply to watches too?

yea it also applies to watches, but depends on the brand. the highest discount that was available to me was 80% on a new TNY series, but those watches still cost $600

the original cost of this repair was $680, but i only work part time so I'm not exactly rollin in the the dough

Edited by tablo