lets talk watches

poopie boy

^ reminds me a little of junghans max bills. speaking of which, anyone own one? trying to decide between the hand-wound 34mm and the automatic 38mm. i've got pretty girly wrist.. 36mm would probably be perfect.

IMGP0820

Edited by home

summed up what i think about nato straps. I love this guy. lol

http://ca.askmen.com...ato-straps.html

I just have a short question: What do you think about NATO watch straps? I think they look excellent on classic-looking dive watches. NATO straps give them a casual, yet preppy look. The only downside, I think, is that people who don't know anything about watches think that you’re wearing a cheap watch because of the nylon strap. Does the Snob approve?

By “NATO†straps, I assume you’re referring to those thin strips of nylon that urban hipsters are wearing on their faux vintage military watches in a hollow attempt to emulate a more genuine era. Nylon straps obviously had their use for soldiers as a cheap, durable means to strap on a watch, but they don’t belong on any watch to which a proper leather strap can be fitted. In fact, they don’t belong on any watch that costs more than the strap itself unless it’s a Rolex Military Submariner. But then you have no choice. And if you have one of those, you can wear whatever damn strap you want.

Edited by funkdoobi

summed up what i think about nato straps. I love this guy. lol

http://ca.askmen.com...ato-straps.html

I just have a short question: What do you think about NATO watch straps? I think they look excellent on classic-looking dive watches. NATO straps give them a casual, yet preppy look. The only downside, I think, is that people who don't know anything about watches think that you’re wearing a cheap watch because of the nylon strap. Does the Snob approve?

By “NATO†straps, I assume you’re referring to those thin strips of nylon that urban hipsters are wearing on their faux vintage military watches in a hollow attempt to emulate a more genuine era. Nylon straps obviously had their use for soldiers as a cheap, durable means to strap on a watch, but they don’t belong on any watch to which a proper leather strap can be fitted. In fact, they don’t belong on any watch that costs more than the strap itself unless it’s a Rolex Military Submariner. But then you have no choice. And if you have one of those, you can wear whatever damn strap you want.

meh, hype always gets some reactionary backlash

i think nato straps are a good look for field watches like hamilton or tsovet

Watch winders are supposedly bad for your watch :huh: Unless... you get a timed one and only have it run for enough time to put the reserve back up to full. The timed ones cost more as far as I know.

Edited by Fycus

• 2 weeks later...

there are some decent dress watches, but you should spend more for a nice dress watch. i'd stick with a casual beater for that price range. i like the idea of a used or vintage sub.

That is pretty high end. Granted, nice dress watches don't come cheap, but $4K isn't kid's watch money and Submariners and Panerais will be around forever (will one want one forever though?) a ss Dornblueth 99.1 for example would be a damn fine watch.

excuse my ignorance, but what maker is the watch to the left?

2gydonb.jpg

Before Heuer became Tag Heuer, they were known as plain old 'Heuer'. That watch looks to be one of their re issues of the last decade. http://forums.watchu...uer-523437.html Looks like a 'reissue' that isn't based on a real watch. From 2000.

The band looks so stupid

Edited by jakie